Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 21

A recipe





Red Velvet Whoopie Pies





These things are heavenly!! The best way to eat these is either slightly cold to nearly frozen. That way the ooey gooey goodness doesn't spill out all over your arms and shirt. I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen website back around the 4th. I was really wanting to find a new dessert recipe that would be red, white & blue. So when I found this I had to make it. Well every family gathering since the family has asked me to bring them. They are always a huge hit. And kids LOVE THEM!!!!! So try it out! And really it's such an easy recipe and you can actually change the cookie from, red velvet to a devils food, or spice cake or any old cake mix will do.



Ingredients:
1 box (18.25 Oz. Box) Red Velvet Cake Mix
½ cups Vegetable Oil
2 Tablespoons Water
2 whole Eggs
1 stick Soft Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
2 cups Marshmallow Cream
1 teaspoon Vanilla




Directions:

The cookies:Combine dry cake mix with oil, water, and eggs. Use a 2-oz. cookie dough scoop to drop scoops of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Bake at 325 degrees for about 13 minutes. Cookies should be firm enough to handle, but not overdone and crispy. Cool on wire racks. Then make sandwiches with filling.
The filling:Beat together butter and powdered sugar. Beat in the marshmallow cream and vanilla, blending until smooth. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of filling onto the bottom of a cooled cookie. Press the bottom of another cookie on top of the filling to make a sandwich. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling. Store pies between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 days.

Variation: use Devil’s Food Cake mix!

3 comments:

Marla said...

OMG! I love, love, love red velvet cake. Sigh! These look so, so delish! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll have to come back and retrieve it once I'm off my hellish diet. ;p

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Hi. I popped over because I saw your comment on another site and I liked your eggs profile shot. We have 10 chickens and a rooster. I'm crazy blogging over them all the time - a smitten chicken owner for sure.
These whoopie pies look AMAZING! I did red velvet cupcakes around Christmas last year on my blog - oh wow were they ever good.

Life Happens said...

Looks yummy! I'm afraid I might eat the whole thing if I make it.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary