I have thought about this all day!!! I don't have a whole lot of talents but the one I'm going to share with you may surprise some.
My father was raised running around the in woods on our family farm. His love was hunting and shooting. My great-grandfather taught my father how to shoot at a young age. This grew in my father to become a HUGE passion!! His life really! His knowledge of guns, hunting and sporting grew as he got older. He actually was always helping neighbors and friends learn to shoot, or fix older guns. Or just hanging out on the weekends shooting targets. When he got into his 30's the demand for my father's expertise grew and so he opened an actually store to help people. We always had a gun range (a large expanse of ground with targets at one end with a large berm behind them) at our home for teaching and for sighting in. My father taught my sister, brother and I how to shoot at a pretty young age. We are all quite good at it now. In fact my brother was in a junior Olympic competition when he was younger. He is in the military now and his job is based on his skill with guns. For my sister and I it was an embarrassing talent to have as a young girl. When you can shoot/hunt better then the boys. They tend to be a tad afraid of you. So my sister and I kind of kept our talent hidden when we could. But when we wanted to show off we could really shock them!!! It was a little difficult when we started dating also... Guys really feared our father (and I think at times us too) because of his (our) exceptional talent... :)
So that is my talent! I shoot guns very well!! I think my Red Neck is showing!!! :) And now I'm going to go hide my red neck and red face (red faced: because I have throughly embarassed myself by admitting this here!!)
I guess I can now kiss all my followers goodbye because they didn't know how much of a Hillbilly I really am!!!
Please Don't hate because I'm a Red Neck Woman!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment