I'm a little melancholy today. Even though Mama farmer was released from the hospital about an hour ago. We have her snuggled in on the couch. She tells us she is not hungry but she has strict orders to eat every 2 hours. But she is as stubborn as the colt standing in the lot out back. The doctors said it wasn't her gallbladder causing her trouble it was from the lack of nourishment... She is starving herself again. She doesn't want to deal with the nasty side effects of having most of her colon removed so she doesn't want to eat any solid food now. Which has in turn put her in the hospital for almost 5 days filling her body back up with protein, potassium, & calcium, which she has starved her body of. She kept telling us she was eating. But we aren't there with her all day. I want so badly to take a way the pain of cancer and the pain of all the belly issues involved but I can't. I can only watch as she deals with it the only way she thanks she can.... Mr. Farmer and I had a fight last night and I know it was mostly because he is so concerned about his mother. This his fuse is short. They have such a close relationship and this whole thing is killing him. He wants her to see his future children and to look forward to the future with him and our family. My heart is bleeding because of the unkind words we said to each other. Even though I know it's because we are maxed out. We have hit the boiling point and it's effecting our home life!!
CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm praying that this last time in the hospital will have scared her into changing her ways. She has until Tuesday to keep her levels up at the same if not better then what they were this morning. Please Pray that she does! They won't do anymore chemo until she gets her body into a little bit better shape. Her little body is so frail. He skin hangs like a hobo's rags. She was always a very curvy lady. She was beautiful and vivacious. Loud and unafraid. Now I feel that cancer has seeped into her very soul and robbed it of our dear Mama Farmer. That Evil Bitch: Cancer has used her nasty black tentacles and wrapped them around our hearts and is squeezing... I don't know when she will let us go... Or if she ever will.
Can I go back to 2008? Please...






4 comments:
Cancer is awful. It truly is. Sounds like you're in a really hard spot right now. Sending your MIL lots of positive thoughts - hope she is able to find the will to eat again. And I hope that you and the hubby find your way back to common ground this evening.
Happy blogiversary! 2 yrs is awesome!
Yes, cancer sucks!! Praying that momma farmer beats this thing and sending you lots of warm hugs! Happy blogoversary, and let the future bring an abundance of happiness!
Cancer is retarded. Abso-frickin-lutely retarded. It blows and I'm sorry that it's touched your family. :(
BTW, Happy Blogoversary!
Just clicking around various blogs and read your post.
So sorry to hear about your MIL.
I feel for you. My mom's been thru cancer TWICE... The second was direct result of the treatment she received for the first time.
Praise God, she lived long enough to get all her kids grown and on their own.
I hope things get better. Hope makes all the difference!
Post a Comment