I made it though the doctors appointment without crying and making a fool of myself! Yippee for me!!! I don't quite know how but I did. It was soo weird because about 5 min before I walked out the door my mom calls me. Which is not a good sign, my mother and I are not close what so ever. Which I will get into those details at another time... I was so dreading answering it but being my brother is in the military I answer all calls from my mother just in case its an emergency. So I'm standing in the kitchen putting my coat on and I say: Hello? And mom says that she just got off the phone with my sister's mother in law and Katie's (my sister) water broke last night so they went to the birthing center (midwife owned) and she has not started labour yet but she is waiting for it to begin. Great!!! Katie is in labour with my soon to be niece or nephew and I have to walk into a ob/gyn appt about my lack of fertility with that on my mind!!!!!!!!!!! Geesh!!! So I said well great I'm excited I can't wait to hear what she has... Will you call me as soon as you hear? End of conversation. I try to keep phone calls with my mother to a minimum so I walk out the door and I'm suddenly over taken with the fact that I may never been in her position now!! I may never be excited and scared driving to the hospital with my bag packed and empty baby seat in the back... But I told my self not to think about it!!! I have a thousand and one things to do today... So I called Farmer as I was driving and talked to him that got me to about the half way mark between me and the doc and then about 5 min after I hung up with him my sister in law called (hubby's sister) she is a godsend in times like these. I actually hate talking on the phone with her most of the time because my cell phone battery almost always dies when she calls so I instantly have to plug my phone in to finish all the gossip and local news with me. So I talked to her the whole time I pumped gas (which I know is supposed to be a hugh no no but I didn't blow up) which I drive a truck so that took about 10 min then all the way to e-ville. I actually had to tell her I'm sitting in the parking lot I have to go in now... Which then I still had to let her finish up her last little story. So yes I was pre occupied for the hour long drive. Which any other time I would have hated but oh well she kept my mind busy. So I walked in and filled out my paper work and sat down to wait. It wasn't too long and I was in the room and Dr. R. walked in and we talked. She knows my history of PCOS and we then talked about the prevalence of multiples in my family. So she said that she didn't want to start me out on Clomid first thing. Cause I might end up with more babies then I could hold at one time. So she said first I'm going to give you another prescription of progesterone to get me started and then she said I want you to buy a fertility monitor to see if your even ovulating and buy 2 packs of sticks cause it maybe a LONG cycle (which I usually don't even get a period except every 3 to 4 months) so she wanted me to have extra sticks on hand. And then after that 1st round I go back in depending on the results of the monitor. So pray pray pray that I get some peak days on that darn thing!!!! I have yet to find a monitor around here. Farmer and I went to CVS and Wal mart in Washington. And neither one of them carried them. So I called Williams Bros Pharmacy and they can order one for me. I can't get it in till tomorrow. So I'm going to check my local wally world and CVS in P'ton and then if they don't have one check in Vincennes next. Hopefully I can find one tonight instead of having to order it. I have to have the monitor right when I get my period after I start the progesterone because I could start within a day or 2 this time around cause I guess I have a stronger script... We'll see It took 12 days to get a period the last time... I'm going to be optimistic though I truly think that this will work because I have heard good things about these monitors...

1 comment:
I'm amazed that most places in your neck of the woods don't carry ovulation kits. I guess it's not a big seller there. Yeesh, my problem is picking out the best one.
Post a Comment