My loving husband of soon to be 2 years gave me the ultimate after Christmas gift this past year. I have wanted an old (as in mid to late 60's) Mustang for as long as I can remember. My dad had one when he was young and I loved looking at pictures of it growing up and dreaming of the day when I would own one. I even had it down to the color I wanted and everything!!! I wanted a 1964 1/2 Mustang coupe Dark blue with blue interior. Automatic with the console. I was ate up with this car. But I never was able to find one that was in my price range and was a running and safe auto to drive. So I never thought I would have one. Well hubby was searching on E-bay around Christmas time and I had never in my wildest dreams had thought to look on e-bay for a mustang well hubby looked and looked and found one!!! It was a little newer (1969) then what I had dreamed and lighter blue then what I wanted but it was a MUSTANG!! And it was close by too!!!! Just about an hour and 1/2 away. How amazing was that? Well hubby bid on it and it didn't make the reserve so it didn't get bought. Well hubby called the boy who was selling it and asked if he would take cash? Instead of putting it up for auction again. He said yes he would take cash. So hubby and I drove up on New Years Day and took a look at it. She was rough she needed lots of love and attention but she had good bones and a great interior. And she was BLUE!!! So we drove home that night contemplating what our next move would be. Well hubby decided it was a good idea and the following week we took off on Friday Afternoon and headed for Clinton Ind with our trailer behind us. We had so much fun. We knew it was going to be awhile before she was roadworthy but Farmer was excited about getting her home and fixing her up. Farmers need a winter project... So we got her loaded and brought home pulled her off the trailer and drove her down our country road a little ways and I was in love!!! I loved the way she sounded, I loved the way she rode, I love the way she laid the rubber on the road out in front of the house... I was totally in awe that she was Mine!!!

Farmer had one request since we were going to keep her in the garage. That I had to pull her in as close as possible to the wall on the passenger side because the doors were so long on my car that they would hit his pick up truck. So I did this faithfully everyday I drove it...
Well fast forward a few months and hubby had her running like a top. I was driving my little sweetie EVERYWHERE!!! She was still in bad need of a paint and a little bit of body work but he had done everything inside to get her up to date. Well all summer I drove her and as it turned into fall it started getting colder I knew it would be better to not drive her as much. (Its harder on a classic car to sit in a cold parking lot all day and try and start) So on Wednesday I knew it would be warm all day so I got ready and threw my stuff in the back seat of my baby girl and turned the key put her in gear and backed out, then I heard the crunching noise and crack and I hit the brakes so fast she died then she rolled a little. I was SICK!!!!!!!!!!! My stomach had jumped into my throat and I couldn't swallow it. I tried to open the door but my fingers didn't want to work... I finally got the door open after much cussing and crying. I made my way around to the grisly scene to see the mess I had just made of my beautiful baby!!!
I had hit the door frame of the garage door. I scratched the paint and dented in the rear passenger fender. It had been hit in the same place before so it was full of bondo so when I hit the wall it knocked the bondo right out.


Oh I was sick I was trembling. I never had thought I would get something like this in my whole life and here I go and Fu*$ it up!!!! I was so upset. Maggie my dog was hiding under the pick up watching me chew myself out, but I'm sure she thought I was cussing at her cause she backed up even further under the truck. She really must have thought I was going to beat her or something. Buddy my other dog wouldn't even come in to the garage he was so scared of me.
I didn't know what else to do. I thought if I drive it to work more bondo might come out. So I got my stuff out and I had to find some treats for the dogs cause I had to lock them back up in the garage and they weren't coming back in since I gave them such a cussing then I shut the garage door and started to cry again. I couldn't believe I was sooo stupid!!! I have never in my life done something that stupid!!! (Up to now anyway) So I jumped in the truck and headed to work. I tried to gain a little composure and I picked up my phone to call my hubby and tell him what I had done. I was so embarrassed about it. I hated having to tell him that I did it. Especially after all the hard work he had put into it. I felt like such a loser. But I called him and told him. He wasn't too upset about it. Not as upset as I was. I was really kicking myself for having done it. But Its over now and Thank God!!! Farmer was outside last night working on it. I didn't have the heart to go out last night and look at it. I don't want to. I just thought everyone would enjoy hearing about my screw up and maybe learn from this, that you aren't supposed to love THINGS!!!! I hope I have learned my lesson!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment