Saturday, August 22, 2009

Plan B

This is my first time participating in the ICLW. And I have to tell you it has some what opened my eyes. I don't feel as hopeless. I don't know why but reading other women's struggles has helped me to see this all in a different light. I’m so thankful that Mel started her blog. Reading other women’s stories has put my little struggle into perspective. All last week I was despairing. I was so disappointed in what wasn’t happening to me. But I found that I should be happy that I’m not at the 7 or 10-year mark. I haven’t had to deal with the emotionally stress of giving myself shots or going in everyday for ultrasounds. My journey isn’t as advanced as some. And in a way I guess I should be doing more. And I see that now. I have read so much but I have scared myself into just staying in the familiar. Instead of moving on and calling the Reproductive Endocrinologist, which I knew was probably the only way this is going to happen for me. But in the past 3 days I have come to the realization that it’s not just going to happen unless I do more. My hubby and I were talking about it all last night and now he thinks I should try the RE. I told him everything I have been reading the past couple days from all of the lovely comments and blogs. And I think its time to take the next step in this journey. I was too scared before. I'm still a little scared but hopeful now. I can't stay on this treadmill any longer. We need to move forward. So tomorrow I'm going to call and make the appt. I have no idea how long it will take to be seen. We only have 2 RE’s in the area and that worries me. Because I have heard it does take a while to get into them. This is one of the things that concerns me, that it will take several months and the other is that they are both men. Call me a prude but I have never gone to a male gyno before. I always had a theory that you wouldn't take your car to a mechanic if he has never driven a car so why would you want to see a man about female problems... I know it's dumb! but a man doesn't have any true idea of what menstrual cramps are like. I guess you can call me naive. But that is how I feel. My hubby and I went out to celebrate my birthday last night and after dinner we drove around and talked for a long time. About things we both haven’t wanted to bring up. But now we have a plan and I guess we are getting ready to implement it. Stay tuned…

13 comments:

Life Happens said...

Good luck with the RE. It's normal to be scared. The whole process is scary. Just have faith that it will all work out.

Happy birthday!
Thanks for the comments on farm life.

Good luck with the RE appointments!

Jess said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Happy Birthday!!

I love your theory... "I always had a theory that you wouldn't take your car to a mechanic if he has never driven a car so why would you want to see a man about female problems..." I've had male and female doctors and my favorite is my male doctor. Yes, the female understands my girlie issues more than my male doctor like the time I told my male doctor that my period was perfect this month and he looked at me like huh? I had to tell him, no severe cramps, no clotting, not overly heavy, lol! It was the only time that I kinda got emberassed and wanted a woman. Other than that he has been great! He has just as much knowledge as the female doctor plus he is looking at woman all day, so they do learn a thing or two. I hated the idea of having a man doctor and I wnated to have a woman but I couldn't find a good doctor.

I'm so glad you learned from ICLW! You should be aggresive! I wasted four years by just hoping and praying I would get pregnant...sometimes it doesn't work out like that. If you can, read my newest blog...you'll see what four years of waiting gets you, lol!

I'm excited to be following your journey!

babyparamore.blogspot.com

ICLW

Nina said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope things work out for you!

K said...

I always feel better with a plan, even if all that makes up the plan is a phone call to get things started. I'm so glad you were able to find some clarity with ICLW. ♥

Eileen said...

I'm so happy that you have a plan. I hope the RE will help give you the answers you are looking for. Good luck with your appointment. I suggest writing down a list of questions ahead of time, because when you get there it can be overwhelming and you might forget what you wanted to ask.


*ICLW*

Tiffanie said...

plans are good. plans can lead to progress and results:) being scared is completely normal.

happy belated b-day.

ICLW

Wishing 4 One said...

Best of luck at the RE. You have a great attitude, stick with it and this will be a great ride for you! Happy belated bday too! - ICLW

Marla said...

Congratulations on deciding to make this first step of finding an RE. And I wouldn't worry too much about having a male dr. I've had both in one way or another over the years, and I must say that I found the male dr to be fantastic. I just told myself that he surely had seen worse over the years, and my downstairs department would be a welcome sight ;) Good luck!

M said...

i was the same way.. only ever had female gyns. i've quickly gotten over that feeling though... it's the same as the needle phobia. i'm not going to let something like that stand in my way of a baby! plus, after the first time you've had 5 people gathered around your nether regions... just one male doesn't seem too bad ;)

happy birthday! and i'm happy to hear that you are moving forward and making plans for an re. i think it's the right choice.

Kate said...

I'm glad you're going to see an RE. I'm going to see one too... its VERY scary to take that step though.

I'm glad ICLW has helped you realize you're not alone. You really are not. There are too many of us to count. While that is sad, at least we have a support group through these blogs that we can take advantage of if we like!

Sass said...

Hello!
Happy ICLW!
This is my first time too, so we can be new together! heehee.

I hope you do get an appointment with your RE and that you get your little baby real soon!!

Sass
~ICLW

Unknown said...

Not at all dumb to want to see a woman about fertility/reproductive issues! It's strange that there aren't more women RE's.

nh said...

Plans are good things - and even when things don't happen according to your plan - you can always re-plan!

Keep enjoying ICLW

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary