Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Horrifying!!!! Shocking!!!! Terrifiying!!!!

Do you want to see the most horrifying picture on earth?







Well I think horrifying might be a little over kill! Ok maybe a lot of over kill!!




It’s just something that I think most women who are trying to conceive would think was horrifying. This is 5 pages taped together! This is what a 165 day cycle looks like! This is the reason I’m so upset by the whole PCOS thing and why I’m so depressed!!! I just thought you all should get a peek at what I have to look at every morning and afternoon!! I guess a girl with that long of a cycle should be entitled to a bitch session every once in awhile. Am I right? I haven’t had to buy any type of feminine protection since before spring!!! And it is now almost the END of summer!!!


My acupuncturist seems to think that since I have had a period during the time she has treated me that my body can do this naturally. And it needs to do it on its own. Not with the intervention of medications. So she is actually trying to heal me instead of make me have a period. Does that make sense? So in a way I agree with Beth (the greatest woman I have ever known) But something keeps tugging at my heart and saying: "Just go call the RE and see what he can do for you… It may take 6 months to get an appt. You wouldn’t have to give up on Acupuncture. Just do it together!" But then I feel guilty for thinking about giving up. Especially if the light at the end of this tunnel could be right around the corner. I don’t know what to do!!! I’m exhausted of waiting for my period to show up. I’m exhausted of watching my temps rise and fall and knowing that there is no way in hell there is going to be an ovulation. And that this whole cycle has been a bust. To be quite honest a waste of hope, worry, and temperatures. Please pray for me to be patient. I feel my heart getting heavier and heavier with each passing day. I had so much hope for trying to get pregnant through acupuncture but now I feel like I need to start revising my plans and looking into other avenues. I guess I should ask what would you do? Should I stick with this since I have invested so much time, energy and money? Or cut my loses and give up and try the RE? My husband really thinks I should stick with Beth for a little while longer because 1 I feel better (health wise) then I have in my entire life. 2 I sleep better and I have more energy. 3 I don’t have headaches like I used to anymore. And I know it’s because of acupuncture. So he thinks if I’m just patient it will all work out. I hope he is right!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lordy, I used to complain about occasionally having a 50 day + cycle, it used to do my head it, so kudos to you for handling a 165 day cycle!

I think you need to have a word with the big dude upstairs, I think he might just be taking the p!ss slightly!

It seems weird to be wishing for this BUT I hope AF turns up for you sooner rather than later!

ICLW

Anonymous said...

I really don't have any advice for you, but my mother used to say:

"We will try this for a while and if it doesn't work, then we try something different."

Most RE's have a large acceptance for acupuncture and their treatments combined. You might want to have a first meeting...

Keeping you in my thoughts.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I know how those cracy long cycles can feel (I have PCOS, and my average cycle was 94 days, ew). Also, I don't see why you have to pick one or the other, RE vs Acupuncture... I would try doing both if it were me...

Baby Hungry said...

WOW...you are better them me. I had to go get meds after a 120ish day cycle. I say make the appointment and then decide when it gets closer. I have about 4 different appointments that I am not sure I am going to keep but they are there if I need them. Best of luck to you!

Marla said...

I just recently started acupuncture to help with my unexplained infertility. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws here, trying to get control of an already-out-of-control situation. I do know that most REs support acupuncture. You don't have to choose one over the other. If you find an RE that disapproves, there's 10 more that approve. Good luck.

M said...

yeah, PCOS sucks. i have a period a year (maybe) without meds to help. i couldn't stand the thought of charting when we first started trying, so instead i did ovulation predictors... it IS horribly depressing to see something negative every morning for 4 months.

i say call the RE... AND continue with acupuncture. they do go together :)

ICLW

K said...

I do acupuncture and see an RE, too. We're about to start with Clomid, and I have no intention of stopping with the acupuncture.

On a hopeful note, I took a long time to regulate my cycles after bcp, and I used acupuncture to do it. It took about three months, once I started going.

Were you advised to chart through this whole cycle? If the chart is driving you crazy/frustrating you right now, can you just drop it? Make things as easy on yourself as you can, and if that chart makes you mad, kiss it goodbye until you start a new cycle. Temping can annoy and frustrate me, so it's the first thing to go when I am having a hard time with a cycle.

Here's hoping AF shows ASAP!

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

Have you thought of using an online analysis program like fertility friend? (Here's Mine: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/262648/rss4950.xml)

I started on paper, but then found that the paper just confused me, but also frustrated me. This fertility friend thing maps out your symptoms as well, so you can start to see patterns.
Best of luck!
Julia
www.babyschetky.blogspot.com

Mrs. Farmer said...

Yes I forget to say that I am using Fertility Friend also. Im a VIP member and that has helped me see my temps get better with the herbs etc. But the only reason I'm still using the paper chart is bacause my dr. likes to read my chart. I guess I should put a link on her to my chart... I need to figure out how to accomplish that.

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

I've actually just signed in while I'm at the dr, since they have computers and they can print it off for themselves. :)

In Due Time said...

I'm on CS 206! (Personal Best - previous record was only 117) PCOS, right there with ya sister.

Hugs.

Marla said...

I'm curious about this "fertility freind." What do you get with the free membership? And if you upgrade to the VIP, how much is that? I hate paying for memberships.

3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1 Baby said...

You can see your cycles, put in signs (headaches, etc) when you take medications, etc. It will also help you chart your temps and show you when you ovulate, and when you start using HPTs. I've found it really useful.

Mrs. Farmer said...

With the VIP you can track all your symptoms and put in your meds etc. then it will actually read it and apply all the info to marking your expected O day. And it will tell you when you are fertile. And after 2 cycles on the site it will forcast your estimated fertile windows for vactions etc. So you can plan ahead. Its so handy. And when you do get cross hairs it will give you all kinds of info on the prego side too. Like if you conceived this cycle your due date would be XX. I like it. I can also search other charts. You can find them and compare with your own or search by a ton of different things like women who are 26 with PCOS or with short LP or women who are on clomid with PCOS. Oh and you can chat with other women. And its not a negative environment which at times it can be on some boards (ie The Bump) so I don't think its too expensive for the info you get. But I can justify just about anything. But I liked that I had a different set of eyes looking at my chart. And I have learned a lot about charting because of it. You can get the free VIP for a month and you can see if you like it that way. So try it!!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary