1 .Where/how did you meet: We were set up. I met my Hubbs through his Mama!!! She and I got our nails done by the same girl and the Nail tech thought we would be perfect for each other. So she set up our appointments back to back so we could meet. I loved his mama when I met her. She was so funny and sweet. I gave her my number and said he if is interested in me he can call me... And that's how it happened!
2. How long have you known each other: almost 8 years!
3. How long after you met did you start dating: Well he called me on Feb 13th and asked to take me out to dinner and we meet that following weekend. We didn't say we were officially dating for a couple weeks
4. How long did you date before you were engaged: Oh man I think it was close to 2 years I think.
5. How long was your engagement: almost 2 years
6. How long have you been married: 3 years today!!!!
7. What is your anniversary: Nov 18th
8. How many people came to your wedding reception: close to 400
9. What kind of cake did you serve: Cheese Cakes!! We had Turtle, snickers, Chocolate chip, pumpkin spice, apple, Cherry, Strawberry, and then plain cheese cake with different sauces.
10. Where was your wedding: In a very old Church out in the country near where we live. I went to it as a child. It was beautiful!!
11. What did you serve for your meal: BBQ!!! We had 4 hogs smoked and we had a bar B que for our reception!! We also had turkey smoked too. It turned out awesome!! Also there was a TON of beer! What is a country wedding without beer and bbq?
12. How many people were there in your bridal party: 10 adults and 2 kiddos
13. Are you still friends with them all: Yes
14. Did you or your spouse cry during the ceremony: Mmm I don't think he cried he had a couple tears glistening in the corner of his eyes. I cried a couple times.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day: Probably when it was just he and I driving alone to the reception. It was silence for a few minutes and we could just be alone in all the commotion
16. Any funny moments: Oh we had a bunch!! One of the ones I don't want to forget was the night before at the rehearsal. He and I were standing at the altar and the deacon was going over the lighting of the unity candle. And he was talking about what to do if it didn't light. Then Mr. Farmer said: "Well I'll just flick my dick out... He meant to say: "I'll just flick my bic out!!" Bic being a lighter! I snorted and coughed... Then I started to turn purple I was laughing so freaking hard. Not many people could hear what he had said. But my dad, the deacon and my matron of honor heard it. But the 2 of us couldn't contain the laughter we had the giggles the rest of the night. Then we laughed again during the ceremony when we were lighting the candle for real. Here we were supposed to be serious and were snickering at this momentous occasion...
Oh and my husbands sister, brother in law and cousins came to our house and did a chivary. It's where your friends or family play pranks on you and sometimes they can end up being kind of mean... But they just did a whole lot of harmless pranks. We pulled into our driveway and we had an "Its a boy" sign in the front yard. They filled our bed with salt, they took all of our under ware and my bras and put them in the deep freeze. They filled out salt shakers with sugar. Took all the labels off the can goods. set all the alarms to go off at an 1 hour intervals after 1 am. Turned the volume up on everything. Put Vaseline on the toilets seats. Took all the toilet paper and towels and hid them. It was funny but maddening.
17. Any big disasters: The bread didn't get brought by the caterers for some reason. So at the last minute I had family members all over town buying bread!! Oh and the reception hall charged everyone for soda for the 1st half hour or so but was giving away the alcohol!! It was supposed to be an open bar!
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon: My brother was home from Iraq so we didn't go anywhere for a honeymoon so we could spend time with him.
19. How long were you gone: N/a
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change: I wouldn't have spent so much on my dress!! And I wouldn't have picked out such thin, sleeveless dresses for my bridesmaids... What was I thinking it was November?!! And I probably would have had a different DJ cause he didn't play the one song I really wanted to dance in my big poofy dress. My dream was to dance the Rocky Top. Which is a tradition at all the local weddings and I grew up dreaming of dancing the Rocky Top with my Hubby on my wedding night. But he didn't play it and I didn't realize it didn't get played till we were driving home.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on: on the right (as I'm laying in the bed)
22. What size is your bed: Queen
23. Greatest strength as a couple: We don't take things too seriously. We are both pretty laid back. Things don't shake us up too much.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple: Probably us being too laid back!! ;)
25. Who literally pays the bills: Well I usually write them out and mail them... :) Does that count? He is the bread winner. My paycheck goes for our retirement and health insurance. Then I buy groceries and gifts and things.
26. What is your song: When Somebody Loves You By: Alan Jackson
27. What did you dance your first dance to: When Somebody Loves You By: Alan Jackson
28. Describe your wedding dress: Satin with lots of gold and silver embroidery all over!! It was everywhere and short train.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding: Red & ivory roses, ivory orchids with ivy, ivory chrysanthemums, and then lots of rust and pink fillers. Then I found these beaded things that you could cut and stick into the flowers and they were gold and rust colored. And Eucalyptus sprigs
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No I wish we had gotten them done. But since Hubby works in some dangerous equipment he doesn't wear his.
Mr. Farmer ever the mechanic... Yes he is working on the toy tractor we bribed our nephew with to walk down the aisle.
One of my favorite group shots. I guess you can tell its the wedding party freezing their hind ends off!!!
My bouquet. Somehow or another when I loaded these last night I guess I forgot to flip it right side up. So just do a head stand at your desk and you can get the full effect of my beautiful flowers.
The back of my dress.
My Mama in Law dancing with Mr. Farmer
The shyest little flower girl around!! She isn't in ANY group shots!! She had a couple little Diva moments. My mom and her parents were wanting to force her to be in the pictures and she kept crying so I said don't worry about it we will get some good ones of her later. And we have a ton of her at the reception. But that's just one of the things we will always remember and embarrass her with when she is older:)
Mr. & Mrs. Farmer
Sweet little Country Church






4 comments:
Happy happy anniversary!!!
That's such a great story about how you met. Your entire wedding sounded wonderful! 400 guests! Whew! BBQ sounded perfect, too. I could go on and on with the compliments, really.
Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!
Happy anniversary!!
Holy cow, 400 guests?! That's impressive.
I got a good laugh when I read the "bic" story:)
You guys are such a sweet couple!
Happy Anniversary! :)
Happy Anniversary to the Farmers! Lovely pictures! Sounds like it was a perfect day.
Cheers to many more wonderful years to come!!
Post a Comment