My nurse from Dr. B's called me yesterday afternoon and said that he wants me to up my dose of Gonal F to 150 iuis and then come back on Wednesday. Oh and my follies weren't 10mms!!! They were BELOW 10mms!! What the hell!!! She does realize I'm on hormones and I could find out where she lives? Right? Then she has the nerve to tell me that this is cycle is just to see how I do on the medication!!! So the next cycle they will now where to start me out at!!! WOW!! Now you tell me!!! I'm so glad to know that all this money was just in vain!! I guess I was mistaken! Thinking this was a cycle that could truly work.... Well it could she said. Not too convincingly of course. I then asked do you actually have women who get pregnant on the 1st medicated cycle? And she said yes it does happen... So I'm just a tad frustrated today. I'm 99% sure its the hormones but I just wish they would have been more doom and gloom before they had me all jacked up on this shit!!! Oh and I fricking bruised my stomach really bad last night. That was the 1st time I have gotten a bruise from the shots. If I'm feeling brave I might post a pic but I'm soooo bloated today that I should be wearing the maternity pants I bought last week when I was so optimistic... Ahh the innocence I had last Sunday... Ha ha ha!!! Nurse Tena from Kentucky with her sweet southern drawl shattered it all for me!!!
Oh and she also told me I won't likely trigger until after the weekend!! So there goes another thousand dollars out the window!!! I'm trying to be positive about this cycle but when your nurse isn't positive about it how am I going to be?
4 comments:
Ugh...that's awful! Definitely qualifies for the "what not to say" category! :-( So sorry! Hope that the follies and the hormones cooperate and you get to trigger before the weekend!
Galatic badness! You would think that someone who works in an office dedicated to the care of IFers would get that there are things that just shouldn't be said...
I'm sorry that things are just so darn frustrating.
Well, since they are so busy just 'testing' you, maybe they should offer using 'test' drugs, meaning it comes out of 'their' pockets. What the hell, money doesn't grow on trees!!
I think you owe to them to prove them wrong, that this cycle WILL work! Eff them!
I'm sorry that the hormones are so rough on you. That nurse ought to be given a lesson in empathy. You would think that working in a fertility office, she would know how to give hope and empathy. I am sorry!
Post a Comment