I started my shots Tuesday night. It wasn't bad! It burned when the needle was in but other then that it wasn't too terrible. I actually couldn't feel the prick at all! Now the side effects are a WHOLE different ball of wax. I have been sick to my stomach since Tuesday evening. I'm too stubborn to get a prescription for nausea. Colleen the overly informative Nurse Pract. was really trying to push giving me a script. But I just asked what over the counter stuff can I use. So she cleared me to use Pepto sparingly and Tums too. Oh and too keep my belly full with protein rich foods! So I'm working on that. And I'm quite Moody!! I'm not usually that way. But I'm just a little grumpy today! But you know it may just be cause my belly hurts. But other then the belly hurting and a little bit of bloating it's not been too awful to be on FSH!!!
Last night we found out that Mr. Farmer's Mama may need a blood transfusion. So Hubby was sifting through all our important papers trying to find out what his blood type is. We both thought he would have had to have had his blood tested when he was a baby but we haven't found the papers yet. But we do know that I am a match to his mama so I called Dr. B. and he gave me the go ahead to give as much as I could. So if Mr. Farmer doesn't end up being a match I can at least help her out a little... Keep your fingers crossed that she won't need to do it. They say it could be very hard on her system to have a blood transfusion but her platelets are getting lower and lower. So we shall see tomorrow. Pray Pray Pray for her. She got hooked up to her chemo pack yesterday afternoon. For her 2nd round of chemo. And then tomorrow they will take her back off it and do blood work and some other tests to see how everything looks. So keep my family in your thoughts and prayers the next couple days please!!
Love & Hugs
Mrs. Farmer






5 comments:
I'm praying for you and your husband's mother. That's so sweet of you to be a blood donor for her if need be.
Happy ICLW week!
Prayers for your husband's mother.
Stopping by for an ICLW visit...
No. 2: the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, nanowrimo)
Sorry to hear about hubby's mom. It's super nice of you to give blood for her. I'm sure she's grateful.
I'm so not looking forward to injections. But, they're our next step. It's just good to know that the shot itself isn't terrible. I'm a nurse and I give shots all the time, but I don't know how well I'll be able to give myself one!
Happy ICLW!
Praying for your husband's mother. And how nice to be able to do something practical like donating your blood.
ICLW
Stopping by for ICLW. I'm sorry to read about your mother-in-law and the pain and nausea you're going through. Praying for healing for her and a successful round for you!
Post a Comment