My hubby and I’s latest adventure has been barn shopping. I tell you there is no one person more aggressive then a barn salesman! We have had at least 10 salesmen to our home over the past 2 weeks. And I’m ashamed to say I’m in sales when I meet these people! I know my job doesn’t depend on landing an $80,000.00 deal every week but jeez!!! Let up!!! I’m actually ducking one’s call right now as I’m typing!! The reason we need a new barn is: most of our equipment sheds our quite old and a tad outdated for some of our newer equipment. Our “new to us” combine is about 6 years old and we bought it last year and it is entirely too tall for our barn on the Knox Co. farm. But I do think that was part of dear hubby’s plan though: buy equipment to big for barn we currently have, so we would have to build a bigger and better barn!!! He is so smart!! That must be why I married him!!!! :) Anyway we have been haggling back and forth with some of these companies for weeks now and our field will soon be ready for a building and hubby is still negotiating prices with some of these guys. So hopefully by mid-week this week I will be able to write that we have closed the deal!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment