Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pictures!!

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!! You know it’s been waaaaay too long since I posted some pictures from around the farm. So I thought today should be the day!!!! So here goes


A Baby Cantaloupe This little one is about as big as a marble



This one is about the size of a baseball. And they are all in the same field!


A Baby Watermelon!! They are so stinking cute!! This little guy is about 5 inches long!
Did you know that Watermelons are not Self Fertile!!! (No wonder I like watermelons so dang much!!!) They need Honey Bees to pollinate them.



These pretty pastel colored wooden boxes are Bee Boxes! Or high Rise Apartment complexes for busy bees... Poor fellows they work all the time... (I'm cracking myself up!!!) They are actually homes to thousands and thousands of Honey Bees.

And they are so darn cute!!

I love me some bees!!! Actually I think I want to bee a Bee Keeper!! Yes I know last week I wanted to fly planes and this week I want to keep bees!! I refuse to grow up! I'm a Patricia Pan!!


I’m such a fearless blogger that I had to get some close up shots of the bees for my bloggy friends!! You all mean the world to me!! And that is why I RISKED MY LIFE for these pics!!!
No really Bees don’t bother me for some odd strange reason… Now wasps on the other hand, do bother me!!! There is a story about me and a wasp (or 2) having a make-out session in an old country church down the road from where I grew up… I still have to decide if I’m going to pull out that sad, pathetic picture from the archives… Actually I like to pretend there was never a picture taken of “The Wasp Incident.” But you see I have siblings and they tend to make sure embarrassing things like “The Wasp Incident” are NEVER forgotten!! Thank You Little Big Brother and my Older not wiser but very much more Fertile Sister!!


I like to think that this is the Queen!!!... I know the odds are against me getting a pic of the actual queen but it's a nice little dream!

5 comments:

Marla said...

Yuck! I hate bees! Hate wasps and yellowjackets more, but still hate bees!

Life Happens said...

LOVE, LOVE your farm pictures! You are quite brave to get so close to those bees! I look forward to more melon pictures!

Jessica White said...

We keep throwing around the idea of someday getting our beekeeping license and having some bees. I think it would be awesome to get your own honey :-)

Now I'm curious about the wasp incident.

Ott, A. said...

Bees are so important to many different plants that need pollinated. I find your pictures facinating and think your watermelon and cataloupes will be very tasty!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via Hannahs "Life Happens" blog. Love all your pictures! I'm at home by myself right now and was laughing out loud SOO hard at the post about your dogs and giving them the "happy meat". You're a great story teller and I hope to read more soon! :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary