What if I can't give my husband an heir... I know this isn't Mid-evil times. This is not the year 1510!! Why? Do you ask, am I'm acting like it is? Let me explain my madness...
My husband is a farmer. And as such, farm families pass the ground & business on to the next generation. My husband is the last in his family, his father had 2 brothers none of whom had sons so the farm passes to my husband. Mr. Farmer is the last of 5+ generations farming and living on this ground. And he has no one to pass this on to. His ground has been in his family for hundreds of years. I know it has come up between his mother and father about what is going to happen to "The Farm" when they die. What will happen to the ground they poured their very blood, sweat and tears into?
What if I can't give a child to my husband?
This thought keeps me up at night. I'm the first wife in this long line of Farmer women who could not produce an heir... If this was the year 1510 I could be beheaded for not producing an heir!! I realize my husband is not that shallow as to leave me for some one who could produce a child. But I want more then anything to give him the sons/daughters he deserves.
What if... We turn 70 and we have no children? We will end up having to sell his family's heritage, and history instead of having someone to pass that legacy on to...
What if... We never have a biological child but we get the opportunity to adopt and can create a new legacy!! And his name will still have chance to live on? I hope that no matter what we will have a child, whether it is born through my body or through my heart. I will give him a child!!
Please go over to Mels blog and read other IFs.
www.resolve.org/infertility101






4 comments:
Sending you lots and lots and lots of love and hugs my friend!
xxxxxx
I have just LOVED this WHAT IF project. So many insightful thoughts and it is amazing to read so many of us going through the same thing. Thinking of you... xoxo
All very hard things to think about, but if there's a will, there's a way.
Lots of big hugs!
If you will it, it will come. I remember thinking, I don't care how it happens, I will have a child and hopefully now I am very close to that dream - I am sure that you are not far off!
A thought provoking post!
Post a Comment