Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Hen House

I want to introduce you to the little ladies that rule the roost down at the Farm... These little ladies are busy little bees. Let me tell you. They have about 5 roosters terrorizing them at all hours of the day.... But they are happy little gals and they fill my egg basket every night. The pictures are a little fuzzy cause the lighting is terrible in the coop and a chicken NEVER stands still!!!!


Patiently waiting for cracked corn and ground feed




Edna looks like she's dancing but really she is just heading down to Sally's cubby so they can chat about that stud of a rooster...




I wish you could hear the noise. Chickens and roosters are so freaking loud!! It's incredible all the noise that goes on in a little coop


This is the end that an egg comes out of... Yes Little Miss Sally is entering her little cubby to lay her daily egg


The Headless Chicken... No not really she is just really into getting that corn at the bottom of the bunk that she isn't even paying any attention to me




This guy thinks he is Hot stuff. All the ladies want him... Well shall call him Antonio




One of the 6 things Chickens do all day long. Peck, eat, poop, get nailed by the sex crazed roosters, lay eggs, & sleep


Now the Roosters day is a little different then that... But I won't go into his day. Let's just say he does one thing over and over and over again....

Poor Girls!!!

2 comments:

Marla said...

So, do you really name all your chickens/hens? Is it easy to tell them apart?

Yesterday, over omelets, Z told me that once (a looooong time ago), he cracked open an egg and he found a fully formed chick inside. Is that common these days? He was telling me this bc he cracked open an egg yesterday and saw the beginning of a fetus (is that the proper term?). It was really tiny and I wouldn't have known the difference, but Z grew up on a farm (sort of) and he looks for those kinds of things. I remember one time (again, a loooong time ago) I bought a carton of eggs and every single egg had two yolks in it. Weird, huh? I should have played the lottery that day.

Circus Princess said...

Is there such a thing as Viagra for roosters? LOL, poor guy must be exhausted!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary