
The Grouch that is!! I don't know what my problem is? The last week or so I have just been terribly grouchy... Poor Mr. Farmer!! I wish I knew when My Auntie would show her ugly face! Having PCOS sucks donkey balls!! I can't ever blame my bad moods or crying jags on PMS. Because I never have a freaking period!!! Now I can feel myself getting grouchier as I type this all out! I apologize for that. But my goodness What the hell is wrong with me?
Oh and Sunday was freaking fantastic!!! Mr. Farmer's Uncle asked if we had anything we would like to announce... I said like what? (Knowing full well what he meant!) And Mr. Farmer said yes I've got something to announce: We are heading home! Ha -Ha Ha-Ha! Then Uncle Farmer said NO!! I mean when are we going to hear an announcement about you 2 FINALLY having a baby? We need another baby in this family!! I'm beginning to think you all don't know how to do it!! Maybe we need to have some classes!!! Then Mr. Farmer's grandmother jumped up on the bandwagon. She starts saying how I've got to be the one to have the twins in the family! Because every generation has a set of twins... I didn't have the patience or the guts to explain to Mr. Farmer's Grandmother that Mr. Farmer's family twin gene won't get passed on though him... So after about 10 minutes of crude jokes about learning how to "do it" we made it out of there. The sides of my cheeks are still hurting from having to bite them so hard to keep from speaking my mind!! That I guess may be part of the reason why I'm still grouchy! Why do nosy family members feel the need to throw it in your face that you have yet to produce an "heir?"
Oh lord I'm so thankful that the holidays are over for now. I hope everyone had a peaceful and restful Holiday. Easter was so beautiful this year!!! (The Weather not the family gatherings!!:)
I think I'm gearing myself up for trying a different route of Infertility treatment. I'm not sure though if it will help a woman with PCOS. I have heard about this amazing OB/GYN in town not too far from where we live. I will give you all a link and see if you can fill me in.
I was raised Catholic in a VERY Religious family. But as of late I have become a lapsed Catholic... I have had a hard time with the teachings of The Church on Infertility treatments. My mother's entire family is VERY fertile so they practice The Creighton Method for family planning.
So today I was so down in the dumps and blue about not being able to do another cycle until our family life clams down. I find myself searching on Google and low and behold I found catholicinfertility.org
I'm not sure what made me follow that site to this link:
Fertilitycare.org
I thought it was all very interesting. But what do you think? I have to say I am interested in at least speaking to a Dr. who deals with the NaProTECHNOLOGY. But do you think that it's all it's cracked up to be? Or is it just another smoke and mirror ploy? I don't know if I want to start all over again with a new doctor and a new office. But I will admit I'm having some mixed emotions about going the IVF route. It's not because of growing up Catholic. I think I'm just worried about the tremendous amount of stress, money and emotion going into it. But I feel comfortable with IUI's those don't seem as foreboding to me for some strange reason. But there isn't hardly anything on the above site about PCOS so I guess I would really need to get more info before I proceed. But do you all think I'm wasting my time trying another venture? Or should I just stick with the tried and true?






4 comments:
I wish you could just blurt out to his family, "Look, I know all y'all had to do was spread your legs once to get knocked up and then spread them again 9 months later, but it's not so easy for me. So, end it!"
The Creighton Model: some people swear by it. From the research I've done, I think it's no different from regular cycle charting. It focuses on CM without taking temps. Sure, I know there's a little more to it than that, but that's the basis. It claims to work with PCOS, so why not try it? What's it gonna hurt, right? But I wouldn't completely eliminate injectibles if I were you. The last time you used them, you failed to produce large follies. So, If medicine has a hard time triggering your follies, then what can inspecting your CM do for you? I think you should try both. Just my thought, although the Creighton practitioner will probably advise against it bc they are all Catholic, so they tend to led you away from modern medicine. Maybe a few months of Creighton and then *if* it doesn;t work, back to the RE ???
One blogger I read every now and then uses it:
sewinfertile.blogspot.com
Perhaps, her posts might have some insights plus she may follow other Creighton'ers, so you might want to check her out.
I haven't used the methods you describe, but another blogger I read (also with PCOS) does, although she recently adopted. In addition, her blog links to a bunch of other bloggers who also use similar methods.
http://allyouwhohope.blogspot.com/
Good luck on your decision!
I'm sorry to hear that your family was being so difficult. It's not easy being around family who don't understand.
I don't know much about the Creighton method you mentioned, but I believe that IVF is a good route after IUI's. I understand that it's expensive and not everyone can afford to do it, but if you can, I would recommend it.
I hope and pray that you guys will make the right decision for your own family.
I think you should try it if you want to! It was SO hard for me to come to terms with doing IVF I did EVERYTHING I could think of first. There's no harm in that and it might work for you.
I started ovulating drug free before IVF when I took FertilAid supplement and also drank an antioxidant rich fruit shake with a scoop of Greens Protein 8-in-1. I swear by it (unfortunately we found out I had bigger issues than just not ovulating but that's not the point,lol).
Don't you love getting reproductive advice from people?
Post a Comment