Since the hubster has been farming till late in the evenings. I have been having to feed the "In Laws" that live in Mama Farmer's barn. They are all quite comical so I thought I would share a few pictures from Mama Farmer's farm.
Today I'm just going to introduce you to the horses. Mama Farmer really does treat these 3 like they are her babies. So I guess Mr. Farmer has 2 "little" brothers and 1 "little" sister... Mama farmer has a heart bigger then the state of Indiana. These horses all had no where else to go. Misty and her daddy Easy came into the family last year. They were half starved, abused and sick. Misty's mother actually died from starvation at the hands of their previous owner. It was terrible!!! Misty hasn't been broken yet. Mama farmer had planned on doing that this summer before we found out about the "Big C" so we might bring in a trainer and take care of breaking her for Mama Farmer. But anyway this is another branch of the family...
p.s. Please forgive the weird shots they are not used to a camera!! Easy didn't like it and Misty and Maverick were really interested in it.
This handsome snout belongs to Maverick. He is Mama Farmer's biggest and oldest Baby! He is actually a Mustang that she adopted through the government 20+ years ago.
The government actually tattoos the mustangs and you can still see it right below his mane. It's the white markings there. I think it says U.S. and a number. He is pretty old so it's not very legible.

And this little turkey is Misty. She is the youngest of the 3 horses. She is just over a year old. She is ornery as hell!! Misty has a good little heart even though she is demanding and quite the Diva!! I guess it doesn't help that she is the only female out of the 3 either.
Misty and Maverick's hind end.
MMMMmmmm Dinner!!!
This is Misty's Papa Easy. Don't be fooled by the name he is NOT easy going at all!! Although he is a stud... So he may be EASY in that department... I just don't know. Maybe one day I can get a nice picture of him up close and personal... He doesn't like the camera.
And this I threw in just for Shits and Giggles!!!
THE END!!!






2 comments:
That's it!
I'm hopping on a plane.
Did you know my sister and I used to break in horses for our aunty!!
I've been riding since I was 5
We had three, Robin a palomino who was old and nasty, (i've still got a scar on my shoulder from her taking a chunk out of it when I was grooming her) Glenway an andalusian (he was 16 hands and the most gorgeous hunk ever) My sister and Glenway won loads of competitions in dressage. We used to loan him out to the learning disabled centre for rides with the kids, I actually think he loved it more than the kids did!
Our last horse was Patra an Arabian, she was beautiful and a moody cow...errr horse! (I reckon she was the fastest horse ever, she loved a gallop every morning before school) she also loved human company.
She would come up the back steps and try and get into the house. We once found her in the laundry with her nose in the clean clothes!
My aunt would host pony club on her farm and a couple of gymkhanas were held there too.
We also pony-sat a shetland pony called Charlie that ran away from his home to get back to our aunts farm.
My aunt ended up adopting him because he would continually try and escape, refuse to eat and play up to his owners.
It was a sad sad day when he had to be put down.
I haven't ridden in forever...Lex is scared of horses (he's a big baby)
And now that i've written you a novel on your comments page I'm off to try and find some pictures of me riding!!
xx
Oh, i forgot, you asked me what satay chicken is,
it's chicken in a peanut sauce...it's sooooooo good, i'll post the recipe next time I cook it!!
Great pictures of the horses. Don't care too much for the poop, but I guess it comes with the territory!
Love your farm pics.
Post a Comment