Mr. Farmer and the farm hands have gotten most of the ground worked. Which in layman's terms means it's been cut into to get the air to it and to chop up all the weeds. Some times we work the ground twice depending on the type of crop that was on it the year before. Hubby won't be planting for at least another week he has just been getting the ground prepared for the seed/seedlings. The following pictures are of one of the fields we will be putting watermelons out in.
The tractor on the right is actually a spreader. It is going to spread a pellet type fertilizer on the plowed ground to get it ready for the watermelon seedlings
It just looks like a bunch of dust but it's actually spraying little pellets out of the booms (the wing looking things)
The fact that it hasn't rained in over a week isn't helping either.
This is Farmer Kid (a friend of Mr. Farmer. He idolizes Mr. F it is so cute!!!) laying rows of plastic he actually rides on this piece of equipment and at the end of each row he hops off and cuts the plastic with a shovel. And throws dirt over the end so it won't blow up from the wind.
Farmer kid riding and drinking... I'm not going to say what it is that he is drinking but I'm sure you can imagine. (Farmer Kid is 21 almost 22)
There are 2 disc type things that throw the dirt on the edge of the plastic to bury it and then the tractor pulls the whole contraption to the end. It's a pretty cool process
This is the front of my 4 wheeler... My house is there yonder.... Yeah I don't really say Yonder
I just thought I would throw that in there. In about a week there will be another funny looking contraption come through and poke a hole every few feet through the plastic. And then a farm hand will set a little watermelon seedling inside. I can't wait to get some pics of that. It's pretty cool operation.
I just thought I would throw that in there. In about a week there will be another funny looking contraption come through and poke a hole every few feet through the plastic. And then a farm hand will set a little watermelon seedling inside. I can't wait to get some pics of that. It's pretty cool operation.
And this... This is a Man who is Outstanding in His Field!!!...
Oh my gosh I just crack myself up!!! I have been meaning to do that for awhile. But I can't ever get Mr. Farmer to co-operate so you get a crappy long distance shot of Mr. Farmer. One day I will have a better one for this title.






3 comments:
Thanks for sharing the pictures! How much land do you guys have? You are going to have tons of watermelon!! Yummy!
Love the picture of Farmer kid drinking on the job.
Can't wait to see more pictures later.
Watermelons??!! Holy WATERMELONS!! WOW. I am impressed! We will have to share the fruits of our labor this fall. How does a box of potatoes sound to you??
www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com
That's awesome!!
I want to come and do farm things with you...
but only for a little bit, coz then we have lots of catching up to do...chocolate milk to guzzle and girly movies to watch!!
x
Post a Comment