Monday, February 8, 2010

Surgery



The Blue Star of Hope


Tomorrow is Mama Farmer's Surgery. This is the surgery they told us she wouldn't be able to have because her tumor was too large... well she showed them!! Mama Farmer's tumor has shrunk tremendously! The doctors are all amazed at how much this tumor has changed in the last 4 months. It really doesn't seem possible that we have made the 4 month mark. They weren't giving us a whole lot of hope 4 months ago and now we have her tucked away in her little room in the hospital drinking liquids and being pumped up with IV's for her big day!!

I can't say we aren't worried. We are very concerned about her. My mother in law has lost nearly 65 pounds since September. (That is when she began to feel bad. But it wasn't until nearly the end of October that we got her talked into seeing a doctor.) So she is quite frail looking now. She has been doing Chemo every other week and of course Chemo isn't a walk in the park. She isn't doing cart wheels down the halls about having surgery. But I can say that she is looking forward to not hurting and cramping all day long. I hate seeing her in pain and not being able to help her. I want so bad to help her but all I can do is talk to her to try and focus her thoughts elsewhere. Yesterday afternoon we got the house ready for her being gone for the next week to 10 days. She isn't happy about that but I did have her laughing about the fact that she will get a whole week of quite, peaceful nights of sleep away from Papa Farmer... She had to laugh at that. She said she isn't sure she will be able to sleep without someone farting and snoring in the room... :) So I told her I will sneak up to her room one night and snore for her! I'm not to sure about the farting though!
So please pray for Mama Farmer tomorrow Bloggy land!!! She will be heading into Surgery at 2:00pm est time. So if you all aren't too busy think of my awesome Mama in law please!! And lift her up in your prayers. Thank you all!

4 comments:

Marla said...

I'll be sure to pray for her. Good news about the tumor shrinking. :)

Life Happens said...

I will keep her in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Circus Princess said...

I'll be thinking of your MIL and send good healing vibes.
I feel like I've missed a bunch of your posts lately... need to make sure all my settings are right!

I'm glad to hear your aunt's funeral turned out to be such a nice event.

Loads of hugs!

Sass said...

I will be praying for your MIL my friend.
Lovelove.
x

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary