This morning my Hubster and I woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow. I love how our farm looks so peaceful in the snow. But Hubby and I won't be able to curl up on the couch and watch it snow today. My great Aunt died this past week and today is the funeral. She lived a very long and happy life. And she died peacefully. Today's funeral will be more about celebrating her life then mourning her death. She hasn't been living here in Southern Indiana for a couple years. But I'm so glad she is able to be brought home on such a pretty day. I will be singing her favorite hymn in her country church that she was a member of for over 64 years. I hope I do it justice! The church is just about the sweets little country church in the area. It might have 20 pews. I love the feel of it and how it sits all alone on the prairie. My Aunt will be sorely missed in this community but she is at peace. She had lost her husband almost 40 years ago and was left to raise her children and work a farm on her own. She did it and she did it well!! I drive past her farm on my way home every night and I pray I can be as strong as she is.

4 comments:
Sending you all my love and prayers my friend.
xx
I'm sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family.
Wow! 40 years! That's a long time to be alone. She must have been an amazingly strong woman. She's reunited with her hubby again. :)
Sorry for your loss. *hugs*
Thinking of your aunt today and what a lovely tribute you all will pay to her.
Post a Comment