Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Can it suck ANYMORE?

I would like to talk to you all today about Identity Theft. I have been up to my elbows in a mess!! Our New Years started out with a bang!! We found out that our Joint Checking Account got hacked into... I feel so naked and exposed! I can't believe it happened!! As of a few hours ago they had gotten almost $500.00!! I can't understand why people feel the need to take what doesn't belong to them!!!

All I can say is I'm glad it was our play account. My husband and I just used this account for my spending or for online purchases. It was pretty much my account I would transfer money over from our other account to buy groceries gas or presents. We didn't pay bills out of this account. But it's still the fact that I have had to deal with the headache of opening another account, alerting the bank, the bank having to flag my account and stopping all transactions. Then after all that not having a freaking debit card to use!!!! I have never in my life had to walk up to a bank counter and write a check for cash! I never had to do that before! I always used my debit card in the ATM if I needed cash! Now I feel like I have fallen back into the 1950's!!! I have to go to the grocery store tonight with just cash!! I will actually have to track my purchases to make sure I don't go over the amount in my purse. I feel so weird!! Sorry I'm just so flabbergasted today!!! I always thought I was careful in my use of credit cards and the like. But I guess anyone can fall victim to Identity theft!

I'm sorry this had to be my first post back after several weeks being MIA please forgive me!! My brother came home for the holidays. I took off while he was home so we could spend some time together. It was great to have him around for a little while. He is actually stationed in Hawaii in the Navy. He was hoping we would get a huge snow storm while he was home since he hasn't seen snow for a few years now. But the one time we got a slight dusting of snow he actually slept in and it melted before he woke up... Poor kid!!! I have some pictures I need to up load from all the family time we got in while he was home. I'm actually familied out!! If that is a word? If not I declare this a new word!!! I love my family but goodness gracious I need my space. I don't count Hubby in all that. I always need him. And he doesn't get under my skin like my dear old bi polar mama.... Wow have I missed blogging!! Well gals I promise to get back on the wagon and post pictures and wonderfully quirky farm antics soon!!!

Love to you all
Mrs. Farmer

XOXOXOXOX

6 comments:

Marla said...

You might want to try Lifel.ock. My husband pays $10 a month, and I'm pretty sure it's the cheapest identity theft program out there. We looked at a bunch of those programs when his ex started causing problems, and Lifel.ock was the cheapest.

Sorry that this had to happen to you. Glad you caught it before they spent more than $500. Still, I know it's a pain in the ass.

Happy to hear that you had a good Xmas!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, so sorry about your account. That happened to me with a credit card once- it's such a pain to straighten out!

I'm not positive whether 'familied' counts as a wrod... but 'familied out' is DEFINITELY a state of being, lol.

Circus Princess said...

Identity Theft SUCKS!! We had someone get into Diver Dudes account a few years back and it was a mess to take care of.

Hopefully the bad start of this year means it can only get better ;)

Merry belated Christmas and happy new year!

Anonymous said...

So glad your back and sorry about the hacking. What crap.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I hope everything is getting cleared up. Haven't seen you around recently...how is life?

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary