Monday, January 25, 2010

Want a Laugh?

I tend to be late to everything in my life... I don't know why! I try and try and try to be early but I never quite accomplish it. At work I tend to be 3 to 5 minutes late every morning. I sit at a desk all day long so I make up for it. I don't usually get out of here till well after 4:00. So all last week I had my my appt card for my dentist taped to my office phone. It was just a cleaning/check up. I have been seeing this dentist since I was probably 10 or 11. So his whole staff know me well. When I got married I actually had to bring my wedding photos in so the girls could all look them over... Yes small town Indiana!! You got to love it!! So Last Friday I turned my phone off and mentally told myself to tell my co workers I will be coming in late to work on Monday because I had a 7:45 appt... (I heard several um Later then Normals?) And I would try to be here by 9:00. The town I have to drive to for my Dentist appt is actually 30 min away from my home and in a different time zone. So this morning I get all my crap together and TRY to leave in enough time to get to my appt... Well me being ME I ended up having to speed all the way there and I pulled into the parking lot at 7:48... Which is not too bad for me! I walk in sign the sheet. I notice only one other patient is sitting in the waiting room. And I sit down and he shares the paper with me. Then I see the nurse pull the sign up sheet into the office. And she and the receptionist are talking and pointing on the computer screen. And then one of the girls calls in the other patient and takes him back. I figure it will be a good little bit before I'm called so I settle in. And then the glass slides back and my dentist's wife says Mrs. Farmer you aren't down until tomorrow!!

I felt my mouth fall open and the paper I was reading landed in heap on the chair next to me. I had mental flash of that damn little appt card stuck to my phone... And I remembered that it did say Jan 26th! And all I could do was just laugh!! I couldn't help my self!! Then she began to laugh. And she says well we may able to wiggle you in if the next appt doesn't show up... But I have a feeling he probably will. So we stand and laugh about how I'm such an idiot and how I was positive the card said Monday!!... But I was pretty sure now that it said the 26th. She thanked me for being so easy going about it. She said it happens all the time and most of the time the patients get really ticked off!! And then blame the girls for messing it up!! I know I'm an idiot and I'm not about to blame someone who does this everyday and then tell her she is the one at fault! When I'm the idiot who can't read!!!
So I sit down and wait for the 8:00 appt to arrive and she checks her voicemail to see if there were any cancellations. And thankfully there was one!! A lady cancelled her appt for 4:15. And Mrs. Dentist asked if I would rather come back tomorrow morning or come back this afternoon? I said this afternoon would be so much better cause I work 15 minutes away and I get off at 4:00 so I would have to head out a whole lot earlier in the morning then I usually do. So I was happy my screw up got fixed. And I think that it will be easy to slip right back down here and no one will be the wiser...
So I head back out on the main highway thinking I will just keep this little screw up under my hat and not tell any one....

Not 5 miles later I see My Hubby heading south in one of the semi's and he flashes his headlights at me... I'm busted!!! Mr. Farmer was hauling grain to E-ville and here I thought he was going to be in Terre Haute all day. But he wasn't and he knew what time my appt was!!
And here I am headed to work at 8:05!! He calls and says what's going on? I'm laughing hysterically!! I said so much for trying to keep my screw ups to myself!! And he says your appt isn't today is it?!!! I said no! How did you guess? He just laughed and said I guess you will be getting to work at your usual time then right? I said no!! It will be later then normal!! But I will be late getting home tonight!! He laughed and told me he loved me. I told him the only reason he married me was so he could laugh every day!! He told me that's the truth!!!

Man I love that man!!!



The following has been edited to protect the innocent....

2 comments:

Marla said...

Lol! Of all days for your hubby to be driving on that road!

I think it would be rather confusing dealing with 2 different time zones. No wonder you're late all the time. Oh, and by the way, is being late to work by 5 mintues really THAT late? I think not! Lol!

Sass said...

LOL
Busted!

I've been known to show up a day late for appointments...I blame Lex.
It's always his fault!
;)

It's too hot here at the moment, I'm praying for winter!
We've had the A/C on pretty much constantly.
I'm going to come to the US next summer as it's your winter!!
LOL

xx

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary