So last night after work I ran to the grocery store and so I got home later than normal. I put all the food away and headed out the side door to the barn to see what Farmer boy wanted for supper. When I opened the door a business card fluttered to the floor. It was the business card of a family case manager, For the Indiana Dept. of Child Services!!! WTF? We were a little worried. The gentleman who left the card wrote on the front: Please call me!! ASAP!!! Well of course we called. But the office was closed so we sat around all evening debating what we were wanted for. I teased Farmer boy about his wild youth catching up to him in the form of a bunch of little ones. He kept trying to say if that’s true those women would have had their hands out long ago!! But I think he was still worried about it. My husband wasn’t the quiet, homebody farmer in his younger days as he is now. He has sown his fair share of wild oats. I wasn’t too worried about it as the night went on, cause I figured if it was important they wouldn’t have left a card in the door.
Fast forward to this morning I called the number a little after 8:00am and got the gentleman who left his card in our door. He asked if I knew a young woman by the name of D_____ ( same last name as Farmer and I). I said no but I have only been married to my hubs for a couple years and I don’t really know his extended family very well . And then he asked is S, living with you? I said no we have no children. He said so D’s daughter S is not living with you? And I said no! Then he went in to the rig a ma roll of how he saw Farmer boy’s name on the mail box and it matched the last name of the little girl he is looking for!!! I said is she is missing? Then he said S and our last name all together and I remembered who the little girl was but I had only met her once. She is a cousin of a cousin living in a bad situation with a mother who doesn’t love her and I almost think she resents the little girl. S is 12 years old and her mother isn’t with S’s father so I guess that’s part of the whole resentment. But getting back to the story… I said I think I know who you are talking about. I asked: is she in danger? And he said he doesn’t know he has been trying to track her mother and S down and can’t seem to find them. The address D gave him led them to a corn field on our property by way of GPS… And so he thought maybe S was living with us since we share the same last name. I said no I had only met the little girl once. She was with her grandparents. She seemed happy with them I told him. He then asked me who they were and I told him there names. And then I gave him the directions to the house the little girl and her mother supposedly lived in. Which also on our road just a couple miles north of us. After I told him what the house looked like he said he thinks he remembered seeing it. So I told him I would call him back when I left for work to give him the house address (for his GPS). When I headed out for work I drove down to the little house and the numbers and name had been freshly removed. I could still see the sticky stuff on the mailbox. So I called him back and told him the numbers weren’t on the box anymore. And then I told him the color of the house and shutters. Then he thanked me for my help and I hung up.
When I got off the phone I felt so sorry for S. but I’m happy that maybe she is going to get some attention on this matter. I have heard through the grapevine that her situation is terrible. But when her grandparents can wrangler her away she loves being with them. So maybe this will actually work out in her favor. I feel so conflicted with my wanting a child so bad and pretty much wanting to do anything possible to have a child. Then finding out that a deadbeat mother is neglecting her child right down the road from me it makes me just want to vomit. I hope that everything works out for Little S. she deserves a mama that will adore her. And I hope that maybe the state will see that her Grandmother might be the best one for the job.
I just wish all this wouldn’t have happened 2 days before my appt. I’m getting nervous about it now. The nurse called about an hour ago to remind me about my appt and to bring all my goodies that they mailed to me. Oh and I’m still not coming up with any questions to ask. I can only think of things that I think he should know about me… Like oh I’m coming up on 200 days without a period!! Or my temps are always way below 98.0 degrees but I don’t have a thyroid problem. Umm still thinking of something… I was told that at the begging of this appt we will have a meeting with their financial person and they will explain all the options and payment plans etc. I’m pretty sure that is where my questions will come up. But other than that I can’t think of anything else. So other than that I’m just waiting!!!
Oh and welcome all you fellow ICLWers!! I’m sorry this was such a long post but I had to tell someone about it. I just feel like this day has kind of been a little on the weird side.






12 comments:
Wow, that is weird. I hope they find the little girl. It is sad that there are so many of us out there who are trying so hard to have children, but then there are dead beat parents out there who neglect their children and have no idea what a blessing those children are.
Good luck with your appointment!!
Whew! What a post! First thing, I'm sure you are very grateful to know that your hubby doesn't have a miniature version of himself running around, especially since you're having a hard time giving him a child. Big sigh of relief! I was getting nervous for you at the beginning of your post.
Secondly, for personal reasons, I don't trust case workers. How often do they really do things that are in the best interest of the child? Maybe it varies from state to state, but usually they side with mommmy dearest. I sincerely hope it works out for this little girl. Very sad, indeed.
Moving on to your upcoming appt, I think it's a very good idea to question those temps. Even though I just started charting, I too have lower than norm temps. I've had my tyroid checked numerous times, and everything has always came back normal, so I am perplexed. If it persists, I plan on mentioning it at my next still-unscheduled appt. It appears I will have a new doctor because I moved from one city to another, so they'll be someone new looking at my private bits when the time comes. At this point, I might as well have auditions because all modesty has been throw out the window in the past year. I guarantee that by this time next month, you'll be feeling the same way. You'll be climbing into those stirrups with no ease at all ;)
Also, don't feel bad if you don't have a lot of questions. I'm sure your new doctor will be giving you a lot of information without you having to ask. You will walk out of there with your head spinning.
Good luck! Hugs!
Wow, how scary! I'm glad you were able to help! I feel exactly like you do. I lose my baby (the first one, this one's fine!) and some piece of garbage is blessed with a child and mistreats her. What a crock of s___!
Weird! But 200 days without a period???? I'm glad you are going to see someone about that!
I really hope they find the little girl and she is safe.
Good luck for your appointment!!
Sass
Really praying that S's situation is sorted for the best very soon. So sad! When there are a bunch of wonderful families out there who would love her tremendously and treat her like a princess that she has to stay with a mother like that.
Hope your appointment goes well. I also suffer from PCOS and have long cycles and low temps. Hopefully we'll both soon get things working correctly!
~ICLW~
very strange, but I think you did the right thing. Makes me sick to think that something could be amiss with that little girl. What's wrong with people?
Be prepared to totally forget all of your questions once you get into the office. you might start a list of things so that you don't leave anything out. I was the queen of having to call back a couple times after a visit because I forgot key information.
Best wishes!
Holy crap, yeah that is something that you totally don't need just before your appointment. Gosh, I hope they find the girl and good on you for helping out!! My temp is very similar to yours and I don't have a thyroid prob either.
Good luck
What a crazy story ! Hopefully they can find the little girl & figure out what the heck is going on.
Let us know how your appt. goes..
~ICLW
Oh man, what a terrible thing for that little girl. Isnt it amazing that he left the card at your house, I mean with so many other houses with the same last name, ok you said 8 or so, but still. Let us know if you find out, how things worked out. Good luck at your appt. - ICLW
Good luck with your appointment!!
ICLW
That is odd? I hope the little girl gets the help she needs, and you find some questions to ask.
Post a Comment