Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Countdown!!!!

Oh lordy I haven't been very good this past week!! Please forgive me. I have been reading in my spare time!!! And my reading hasn't always had to do with my faulty lady part either! As you may have heard I'm in a book club now and we have officially started reading our 1st book this past week. So far its been pretty good. No complaints. We chose: The Next Thing on My List By Jill Smolinski. I highly suggest it thus far. I have gotten about half way though it. I'm picking next months book and I'm a little apprehensive because I don't want to upset anyone or to pick the wrong thing. So if anyone has a good suggestion for our October book please send then my way. I have a small list put together. I will post it below and if you have read them please comment on them.

The Year of Fog
The Seamstress
My Sister's Keeper
The Murder of a Medici Princess
Nineteen Minutes
The Memory Keepers Daughter
The Secret Life of Bees
Her Fearful Symmetry


I was kind of thinking of maybe a good romance, mystery, intrigue, suspense, but not too scary. I will have to do the theme for our meeting and since its October I thought it would be fun for it to be a little (very little) scary. On account of Halloween being such a fun holiday and I have found some great finger foods for our October mtg too. So please HELP!!!!!!!

Oh and on the Fert front. Still no AF and I'm okay with it. I'm not anxious about it like I was. I'm 9 days and counting away from the big RE appt. And I know that everything will change once I have gotten through that appt. So now I just have to coast though the next 9 days and not think too much about my wonky ovaries and spiteful uterus. So everyone give me your opinions on my book lists and stick with me as I count down to the first MALE gyno appt!!!! Yippee!!!

Love & Hugs to all my fellow bloggies

4 comments:

Pie said...

I haven't read many of those books - but I did read Secret Life of Bees and liked it. Sister's Keeper might not be good for you, given the RE appointment coming up. If you want a old-school mystery, I really liked the Thirteenth Tale.

K said...

Spiteful uteruses (uteri? :)) unite!

As for the books, I loved Secret Life of Bees. I liked Memory Keepers' Daughter and My Sister's Keeper, but agree that the latter might not be the best choice right now. I just read The Thirteenth Tale, and while it was a little difficult to get into, it fits the spooky/gothic mood of October.

Good luck at the RE appt!

Marla said...

The last book I read that had NOTHING to do with babies, fertility, or any of that nonsense was Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo. Fairly new book from this year - suspenseful, murder mystery, I couldn't put it down. I have not read any of the books on your list, although I did see My Sister's Keeper in the theater, and sobbed my little eyes out, yes ma'am I did.

Life Happens said...

I haven't read any of those books. That's great that you have the book club to keep you busy. I love to read, but don't have the time to read as much as I would like (isn't that tne number one excuse everyone uses?).

I LOVE the Fall. Here is a recipe for an apple dip that is delicous!!

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. powdered sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 bag of Toffee bits [these are sometimes hard to find although Walmart and Food Lion usually have them. They are by Heath and can be found in the chocolate chip section].
Apples (I highly recommend Granny Smith apples, but any type will do).

Blend cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla with mixer. Fold in 1/2 bag of toffee bits. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle additional toffee bits on top of dip before serving. Enjoy!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary