Well I know you all know its not possible for me to have actually had a baby. But I do have a new pet project that is becoming my baby. I'm working on it with some friends here in my home town. And I'm pretty excited about it. Actually I'm very excited about it. It has all come together so quickly and so smoothly. It feels like it was meant to be. I'm from a pretty small town and I still work in that small town. Although I live with my hubby, Mr. Farmer. In another county which is adjacent to my home county. So I feel like I'm still connected and I want to participate in this town more. So a couple of us girls were chatting on Facebook about how are town didn't have a book club. Yes I know its sad that we don't have a book club. But it is Midwest hometown USA so we aren't as up to the minute as the bigger cities. So we got our act together and 3 of us had a planning meeting and threw some ideas around and now we have it set. A real live book club!!! How awesome is that? I have a lot of dreams for this little pet project. I really think our town needs something like this. I know the women I'm acquainted with would love this. It's just something I wanted you all to share in. My friend Emily has been the driving force behind it all and she is good at it too. She has come up with the sweetest name. It's The Crimson Quill Society!! I love it!! She has done so much to get us set up. I'm stoked!! She even found a local author who wrote some short stories. So that is what we have to read before our 1st official book club meeting on Tuesday night. So I'm sure I will be keeping you all posted. Which that night also happens to be my next appt with Beth (the worlds greatest acupuncturist!!!) and so I'm going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off that day and evening but I don't care. I really think I needed something to divert me from all this Infertility nonsense. Yes I called it nonsense because right now that's exactly how I feel about all this!!! Oh and I got my new patient packet from the RE. It had a TON of info in it. Question: Do all of your RE's have a "Patient Portal" ie Website for contact between the doctor & patient? This doctor has a web page for the patients to keep up with all the info and appointments, diagnoses etc. It even has an FAQ page! I had about 10 to 15 different pages to fill out on the website that was all my pertinent information. There is a place that the Doctor or nurse will send you messages and information. I'm really blown away by all this. Is this normal? I don't know if its just cause I'm a back woods country girl, that has never had this level of interaction with a doctor. But this is freaking fantastic!!!! Am I getting my hopes up to much for thinking this is going to be a world class doctors office?

5 comments:
For starters, I would agree that you need to get your mind off this infertility nonsense. It just eats away at you. So, congrats on the book club.
As for your fertility clinic, it actually sounds more advanced than the one I went to in Austin. I wish I could have contacted my RE through an on-line forum, but I had to rely on messages going through her nurse. And I thought I was going to a pretty advanced clinic. So, you got me beat. I personally can't wait for you to go to your appointment.
I have just started charting my cycles. I know that I am going at this in a backwards direction, having already been to an RE and had my insides surgically examined. But no one seems to know what my problem is and no one seems to care, either. So I guess I'm going to have to be my own doctor. Wish me luck!
wow... that portal sounds pretty great to me! if my RE has it, i'm not aware of it.
as to the book club, i give you a standing ovation! i LOVE reading and am constantly telling/giving others books to read... i finally managed to coral some fellow teachers into a book club this year. i'm psyched!! we're reading born to run for the first book and the meeting is at my house on the 18th. yay for reading! yay for book clubs! yay for things that keep our minds occupied and away from nonsense! haha..
What a great way to keep your mind off the infertility. Sounds like you will have a great book club!
Regarding your RE...that really is amazing that they are so high tech. That's awesome that you can stay connected to them online. I hope your appt goes well with the RE.
Can't wait to see how your new 'baby' grows.
Wow, that is super high tech!! I participated in a survey of my clinic last year and ripped into them hard about their website and contact with patients so that is pretty good, I think!!
Oh and bravo on the book club, I have one with my friends that I love though I have begged them to choose a less depressing book for the next one, boy have we had some sad ones lately - not what you want when you are going through a cycle I tell you.
Good luck and read on!!
Yay for the book club! It sounds like much fun.
And good REs have good websites I think. I think it shows someone who stays current, or at least understands the importance in today's world, of technology and communication.
Post a Comment