You know how I posted all those smart and snappy remarks to use for when some one came up to me and asked why Mr. Farmer and I still hadn't produced any children... Well those funny little remarks flew right out of my head yesterday when a guy I have worked with for 7 years said one of the most terrible comments I have ever gotten.... I was sitting at my desk minding my business as usual. He came by to stand in my office door since my office is near the sales fax. Jim pokes his head in and asks: So Mrs. Farmer how was your Mother's Day? I shrugged my shoulders and said Jim you do know that I don't have kids right? Oh yes I know... So did you have a good Mother's Day. And so I said yes it was fine, I planted flowers and spent some time with My Mother In Law. And then he proceeds to ask me: So Mrs. Farmer will this be the Last Mother's Day you celebrate with out children?... OMFG!!!! He even laughed after he said it... Like he had just told the funniest joke of the day. I sat there and imagined smashing his head in with my fist... And pulling out that evil tongue that said such nasty things. And do you know what? The only thing I could think up to say was WOW! I think I shook my head looked down at my hands and said wow a second time and then I told Jim I don't know? Why don't you tell me? Is this going to be the last one? I literally had to bite the insides of my cheeks as he walked away so I could keep from crying! I would never in a million years have said that to someone who didn't have children. Esp if I had worked with them for 7 years!! And that person had not had children and didn't ever talk about children. You would kind of get the hint that it might be a tad taboo!!! I'm still flabbergasted today as I type this out. Why do people think that it's funny? And why would they think it was their business to know that kind of personal information while waiting on a fax? I hate people.... I hate people I work with... I hate people who think they should know every juicy bit of information about you but never share the slightest bit of information about themselves... I hate that I'm the type of person that gets hurt by stupid people like that!






7 comments:
What an ass! I say its time for mean office retaliation. Put numbing cream on the edge of his coffee cup and tacks on his desk chair. We will see who's laughing then...
More seriously, I am sorry. Some people are just jerks, no matter what. I hate those drive by no preparation comments. Love ya,
www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com
You want me to fly over and kick in in the face for you?
I've been perfecting my power rangers kick...
Sending you lots and lots and lots of love.
xxxxx
((Hugs)) People can be so insensitive. I keep telling myself to be forgiving because they are lucky they have NO freakin' idea how terrible IF is but ultimately I just want to kick their butts.
I'm sorry you have to endure office idiots - I have a few of them here as well. I (like junebug) used to think they were just ignorant, but as time goes by I'm more and more convinced that people thrive on being assholes...
What a jerk! People are idiots, insensitive and sometimes just plain mean.
I am sorry you had to live through that drive-by. ((((((HUGS)))))) sweetie.
Some people just don't know any better. They lack what we call common sense!
That is beyond wrong! What a jerk! Unfortunately, there are many more of him... They have no idea what it takes to get through the day when you're coping with IF. You were the bigger person but the day will come when you'll be able to get him back. I promise you...
Post a Comment