Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Frustration

We had a little glimmer of hope this past week. It was nice, Mama Farmer was doing better. The weather warmed up. We started looking forward to the Spring. Hubbs and I got to get away for the weekend. It was for my job. We were put up in a nice hotel and were given food and booze until we could barely walk back to our room. Mama Farmer wanted to celebrate her children's b-day's: My Hubby and his his Older sister were born 6 years and a day apart. So we all cooked out at The Farmer Family Home place. It was great! Mama farmer was actually laughing and smiling. She ate (which has been VERY hard to get her to do) and we all had a great time. Then today that glimmer just vanished! The home health nurse found Mama farmer's incisions were beginning to ooze and she had a fever... The nurse had to move her back to the hospital. The doctor is wanting her there for observation. It's like we were peddling a bike up the side of a mountain, we were just about to make the summit... And Wham-O we ended up sliding halfway back down the.

I don't know what to do or what to say to her anymore. She has been told a thousand times she won't heal, if she doesn't eat. But she thinks drinking one little bottle of Ensure a day is good enough. And we can't seem to get through to her. I know my hubby is at his wit's end right now. I just want to scream at her that the worst is over!!! She shouldn't be getting depressed now. She has a better prognosis now then she had back in October. When they were telling her the Cancer was in-operable. But now that she has the worst of the Cancer removed she just is so depressed and it's like fighting with a child to make her eat. I don't know what to do.

Please keep My Hubby and his Mother in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Marla said...

That has got to be frustrating that she's so stubborn. Ugh! I have a feeling my mom would be the same way. She refuses to take medication or to go see a doctor when she's sick. It's like adults return to infancy as they get older.

Wishing 4 One said...

Its so hard to deal with this I know. Maybe just keep reminding her of the importance, as you've been doing, and it may sink in? I know frustrating repeating over and over, but hang in there girl. xoxo

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary