Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Who would have thunk it!!!!

I never thought I would type this much less think it!!
Last night I was preparing for bed. I'm a creature of habit. Its pretty bad. I have to do certain things in a certain order or I just dont feel right. Yes I know that is OCD type behaviour... So last night I had washed my face and got ready to pull my meds, sharps containter, alcohol prep pads etc out of the cabinet and set up my little drug station to inject my meds... Then it hit me that I wasn't going to be doing that again. Not tonight and not for a good while!! I was really out of sorts almost. I felt like I had gotten told all over again that my cycle was cancelled. But this time I thought screw it!! I'm not going to cry about this again!! These hormones aren't going to keep kicking my butt! So I put my meds back in the cabinet and sat down. Then I saw the box of opk's! And I remembered reading how all the girls on the nest would do an opk right after trigger. And I actually thought that sounded desperate at the time to be quite honest. But I thought Fu$k it!! I'm going to pee on a stick!! I have stacks of those darn opk's and I will actually see two lines for a change. So I did it!! It ended up being the highlight of my day!! I peed on that stick and within seconds it was changing. I never in a million years thought that I would get a positive opk. So that was a good boost for the spirits at least. I didn't tell hubby I thought he would think I was nuts for wanting to waste them. But hey its good to know they weren't a bad batch after all!!! I was actually starting to wonder. I have probably peed on a hundred of them and never once saw 2 lines. But not this time!!!

I took a picture with my cell phone so its not a good quality picture! This is the first time I have ever taken a picture of my urine! I'm so glad I got to share this milestone event with you all!!


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YIPPEEEE! That's wonderful news! I am so happy for you! ***HAPPY DANCE****

Kate said...

Isn't it gratifying to get such a small, yet significant, success?

I'm so glad that it made your day better!

Marla said...

Well, I'll be darned! Congrats on your milestone. May you see plenty of positives from this day forward!

Sass said...

WOOHOO!!!

Now, go do that Baby Dance!!

x

Lin said...

That's one beautiful OPK! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am very happy for you. I hope you were able to get some sleep.

http://gerardinebaughpoetry.wordpress.com/

http://gerardinebaugh.wordpress.com/

Circus Princess said...

AWESOME!! Now go get busy with Mr Farmer :-)

Anonymous said...

Yah!! I am glad you got that second line! Thinking of you a lot lately, sorry I haven't been commenting enough.

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary