My Hubby was working and I was "HELPING" of course I'm sure he would use this term loosely. But I will have to say I try to help :) I mostly take lots of pictures and make him and and his papa laugh. Oh and I'm very good at asking dumb questions too. So here goes I'm posting some yummy sunny working down at the old barn pictures. I have never in my life posted this many pics in a post but bear with me. They are all connected.
These little yellow bead looking things are called soy beans. They are being swept up from the bottom of a grain bin. And yes that is all dust and it is from the soy beans!!
This is what they call an auger it carries the grain to and from different sources. In this case it was out of the grain bin into a waiting truck.
This is one of my favorite warning labels of all time!!! Look closely!! This is a very dangerous piece of equipment but it still makes me laugh when I see the little cartoon label. I guess I'm just morbid that way...
My hubby is inside of the grain bin running the sweeper!! Yes that is a sweeper!! It is terribly dusty inside of these bins. I don't know if you can tell or not but he does have a mask on.
My papa in law making sure the truck isn't getting too full. Which was supposed to be my job but he kept sneaking in behind my back and climbing the ladder. Hubbs didn't want his dad falling off the ladder. But I guess its okay for me to!!! :)
This is that scary dusty grain bin my hubby was in.
Now we are unloading a truck from the field that had just gotten cut. So its going into the grain bin.
Soy Beans!!! MMMmmmm Lots and Lots of Soy Beans!!!!
This is the reason I can't get pregnant!! My ovaries seize up and then run and hide under my rib cage when I see things like this!!!!
They are still seizing!!!
O Lord please help my poor ovaries!!! I can't stand to look but I have to!!!
O Dear Lord in Heaven!!! I think my ovaries are having a panic attack now!!!!
I can't take it anymore I'm going to go home and eat chocolate. This is too stressful!!!






10 comments:
I see your fear and sympathethize - DH climbs towers for a living. Yikes! I only watched him do it once. That's enough for a lifetime.
Oh, and by the way, I like your sabotage way of thinking. It's on the list.
And one more thing, go girl is not a Tx thing. I think it started abroad. It's just catching on in the US now.
HAHAHAHA, you just made me spill my juice all over the place!! No wonder your ovaries run and hide, mine almost did. I love the little dead twisty guy warning label - too funny :)
Thanks for sharing the pictures! I bet you are just a nervous reck when you see hubby up so high. I would be a total mess!
OMG, those augers are VERY dangerous! A co-worker's husband got his foot caught in one and it was terrible! Don't ask me how it happened... seemed pretty crazy to me too!!
Wow, that is scary. I can barely handle it when my DH gets out the hedge trimmers. And thanks for the lesson on how this stuff works - really interesting.
I would be terrified! I get worried when DH has to climb a ladder.
ICLW
Oy! Can't you get him a safety harness or something? ;)
ICLW
Love it. I grew up on a farm and your pictures made me a little homesick. My ovaries would be hiding,too, if my husband was up on a silo. Of course, he felt the same way when he saw me with the chain saw. :-)
ICLW
LOVE the pics...are you Farmall folks ?
This looks like home to me, too!
My DH isn't a farmer, but we live on my grandparent's farm, so I see this A LOT!
Post a Comment