I would like to tell you how much I have enjoyed your books over the last several years. Your books have become a secret little pleasure of mine that I don't get to indulge that often. Although this last time I visited the book store I saw a new title I hadn't read yet. So I tossed your book into my bag and waited patiently to get time to fit this new book into my schedule. I have always used your books as somewhat of an escape from my reality. I fell in love with the heroine as I always tend to do with your well written characters. She seemed like such a wonderful individual. Someone I would like to know in real life. But then out of nowhere you slammed me up against a wall. The wall that is my reality. You knocked the breath right out of this infertile crazy women. Your beloved character gets raped and instantly gets pregnant with the bastard's child!! Where in the synopsis did it tell us that this would happen? You do realize how this would be quite gut wrenching to read for someone who can't seem to get pregnant in the most perfect of circumstances. Yet a young women who is practically starving, working 18+ hours of hard labor in the middle of a world war, she never sleeps, and is obviously in a high stress situation can suddenly get pregnant when she has been raped! I know it would have probably not been good to give away too much information on the jacket. But it would have been nice to have had a heads up on this book. Just a sticker on the front cover would have been nice. Warning: Dangerous waters ahead if you are in infertile!!! Please Please Please could you just write deliriously happy books or books about sex and romance and not bring up children, pregnancy or babies at all!!!I will still try to muddle through this book no matter how hard it is to believe just because I can't leave a book unread. Oh and Thank you for reminding me I'm an infertile as i don't seem to get reminded enough through out my day.
I remain a faithful fan, although quite perturbed by this experience.
Mrs. Farmer
Side note: I do not want to offend anyone. I do know that women have gotten pregnant by rape and its a terrible travesty. But it was just a shock to read this. And I am in no way making fun of rape or rape victims.






4 comments:
I hear ya. She's an insensitive biotch! Lol!
Your letter made me laugh out loud! Thank you so much, as it was needed. I feel the same way about scenes like the one you described...like, really???
Have a great day!
You crack me up! I've had the same thing happen so many times, being smacked with your infertility in the least expected situations.
IF Warning signs should be law!
Thanks for the warning, books shoould come with infertile warning labels.
ICLW
Post a Comment