My husband's cousin J. and his wife A. welcomed a new baby boy into the world on Tuesday. It was an emotional event for me but beautiful and hopeful to.
They too had suffered in silence. Like so many hundreds and thousands of other couples in the world who want a child so bad. They had been trying to conceive for 2 years but never told any one in our family. They weren't wanting anyone to know they were having trouble. So here we all were suffering in silence 2 miles apart yet we were walking around in the same fog of despair not able to see the others.
J. is my husbands best friend and cousin we see them ALL the time. They live right down the road and we talked to them daily. But neither of us ever told the others what was going on. They were having trouble just like we were but we all were to scared to open that up and share that burden with each other. When they found out they were pregnant they finally told us they had tried for 2 years. We were so stunned to find that out. But then we in turn ended up sharing that we had also been trying. It was kind of like the elephant had slipped off our backs when we sat down and talked about it together. It brought us closer and made our relationship go to another level. It also gave me someone to share with who had beat the devil so to speak. She knew it was hard for me to watch her belly expand every couple weeks. And what is was like to spend more money on pee sticks then you spend on shoes in 6 months. We shared so much, and she brought me more avenues to explore and she is my cheerleader. I have so few people to share and cry about all this with. It has been an interesting journey with them. I can't believe where it has gotten us but I'm not upset at the result. I Thank God everyday for them and for this Journey I know deep down there is a reason we are going through this right now.
Grant is a miracle. He is precious and indeed the most hoped for little guy. I pray that I can be the guide in this deep dark ocean that Grant's momma has been for me in the last 6 months. I'm so happy for them. I just pray that our children will be able to play together. I'm not going to let this beat me. I will be a momma!!!!






3 comments:
Hey. I saw your comment on my post from yesterday. Thanks for the support!! I love that we have a web community of women that understand, it helps so much. It is definitely so hard to stay positive, but there is nothing to gain if I remain negative and only good can come out of being positive. Even if it's just saving what little bit of sanity I have left. I would love tons of prayers for our upcoming cycle. We really need our sticky baby!
I didn't know who farmerswife06 was until today. I didn't know you had a blog either. Girl, I feel for you. I would love to talk to you sometime about what you are going through. I've learned a lot and know dozens of people who have had success. I have something that could help. give me a call sometime 677-1183 I don't want to pry, but I won't sit by and watch someone struggle with the same thing as I did and not give them some pointers.
Thanks for agreeing with my comment (about the "Twilight" books) on Mel's blog. :)
Little Grant is gorgeous!
SOOO pleased for you and your DH. Wonderful to have close friends who "get it" and understand the struggles of your journey.
Best wishes!
Post a Comment