Monday, October 11, 2010

Hall O Weenie!!!!

Guess what? Halloween is starting early this year!! The Crimson Quill book club is holding the October meeting tonight!! And we are all dressing up!! How fun does that sound? I'm super excited about dressing up. For the last few weeks I had planned on going as Hippie but then one of the girls thought we should dress up as characters from the books we have read over the last year. Is that not a great idea? I won't tell you all who I have chosen cause I don't know who all is reading today! Hopefully the book club gals won't be reading this!! :) Love ya!!
Well I found my costume hanging in the back of my closet... Which is how most of my Halloween costumes begin... Yes I am one of "Those" adults!!! Which really I guess I need to use the term "adult" loosely!! :) I truly love to dress up for Halloween now that I am grown. I think it is so much fun! Growing up my mother was VEEEEEEEEEEEEERY strict about things like that. So we were not allowed to dress up for Halloween. But being we were Catholic my mother would let us dress up the following day on All Saints Day as a Saint of "our" choice... But we couldn't trick or treat or anything like that. It was pretty Lame!!! Let me tell ya... Holy cow when I look back at memories like that it sometimes scares me. I think of how much I want to be a parent and then I remember how psycho my mother was and I know I have her blood running through my veins... Will I become that crazy mother?


WoOOOOOOOOAH I need to stop this horse now! I was soooo not going to go there but it happened anyway. Those crazy childhood memories creep up out of no where sometimes.

Getting back to my costume!! It's just a simple white night gown that my mother in law had purchased from some old lady who makes lace & woman's old fashioned garments. So she bought me a very long, very old fashioned white nightgown. Which is actually quite pretty for oh say 19o1! But it's just a little too humble and quaint for my bedroom attire.... Mind you I don't wear leather and chains! I just don't wear 5 yards of fabric to bed each night!!! :) God bless her! I would love to have seen what was going on in her mind when she saw this thing!! Was she thinking: mmm you know Mrs. Farmer really would look nice in this? Or maybe if I buy this Mr. Farmer defiantly won't chase her around this house in this one... Poor girl, could get her rest on the nights she wears this one...

Any way getting back to the reason I'm posting! I'm going to wear a long sleeve shirt underneath and buy some wound dressing tape. I'm going to put some fake blood on the tape and then place the tape on the white gown. And then I will be going as a murdered woman! Won't that be interesting? I can't wait to see all the other girls' costumes! I think were going to have a blast tonight. Hopefully I will remember to take pictures!
Love to you all!!

6 comments:

Marla said...

The last time I got dressed up for Halloween, I was Tinker Bell. And no I wasn't 5 y/o. It was three years ago. Lol!

Dressing up as a saint? No, ma'am. Not that there's anything wrong with saints, but ... no, I just can't see myself doing that. Nor would I do that to my children whom I loved. That's just wrong.

Jessica White said...

Hope you had a blast at your book club meeting...can't wait to see pictures!

Life Happens said...

Can't wait to see your costume!

Keiko Zoll said...

Hi there... just wanted to let you know that I (finally) posted the winners of my Big Bloggy IF Giveaway and I would like to *strongly encourage* you to check it out :) ...Congrats!

~Keiko, Hannah Wept, Sarah Laughed

Francisco Bacon said...

Did you have trick or treaters at the farm?

One Cycle at a Time said...

Coming over from Stirrup Queens. I'm new at this, hope I'm doing it right. :-)

Your costume sounds great! I too worry about turning into my crazy mother so you're not alone there! :-)

Hope your wish for getting your hubby on board comes true soon!!!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary