Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flip Flop Swap!!

Last night at my Book club meeting one of the gals had an adorable pair of flip flops on. They had a pretty little bedazzled butterfly on the top of her foot. And so I commented on it. And she said a couple years back she got a chain letter sent to her. It had about 6 names or so at the bottom of the letter. And all she had to do was buy 1 pair of flip flops for the girl at the bottom of the list and then forward the letter out to 10 or so of her friends. I think she said if it worked she could get like 36 flip flops. (I'm not sure if I've got the numbers right) She said she ended up getting about 10 pairs! And she only had to buy 1 pair!!!

So this got me thinking. What if we did a bloggy flip flop swap? Instead of doing a chain letter and all that it entails. We would just do a Secret Santa type of project. Anyone who is interested could e-mail me their name, address, and shoe size. Then I would throw all the names in a hat and draw a name. Then we would all have to get our flip flops mailed by July 25th!! And we could even do a bloggy check in on the day so we all could post pics and announce who got who.

I think it could be lots of fun and we would find out more about each other. Please think about it. We wouldn't have to do elaborate or expensive flops. We would have a price cap. And we could even do plain/solid color and we would have to decorate the pair to fit that blogger's personality.

This is just an idea. So please think about it and get back to me!!!

Email me at: farmerswife06@ hotmail.com

Love and lots of Hugs!!!

6 comments:

Marla said...

Sounds fun! I wonder if it'll work on the blogosphere. It kinda reminds me a little of the sock swap thingie (I can't remember who runs that thing). Count me in, and, hey, I could even make a button for you. Then the participants could put the button on their blogs to get the word out. Let me know...

Anonymous said...

Sounds Awesome!!! I am definately in!! Leemeknow!

Oh ya and the word verification for this comment is "bushi" HILARIOUS!

www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Life Happens said...

Yay! Sounds like fun, sign me up!

HollyT said...

Wow. That sounds fun. I'd like to do that.

Sass said...

Aww that sounds like fun!
I don't think I can join in though coz Australia is too far away :( :(

xx

Circus Princess said...

GREAT idea!! Count me in! And if Sass wants to join, sending flip-flops to Australia would be fine by me :)

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary