
You know the old saying: "You don't know what you've got till it's gone." Well this saying has been etched into my heart since Wednesday morning...
I almost lost this man! This man is my Daddy. He gave me my sense of humor. My ability to laugh at life and to roll with the punches. And to never back down from something you believe in.
This man is such an amazing soul! I wish you all could meet my dad.
My dad was in a terrible accident on Wednesday morning. He works for the railroad. And his crew's truck was hit by a train. There are so many lies being spread around on the Internet, and the news about what happened. They were not parked on the railroad tracks and believe or not his crew has had almost 3 years accident free status. The driver came to a crossing where the train tracks were curved. So the first time he looked the train was not there and by the 2nd time he looked he was already half way across. The driver slammed on the accelerator and saved there lives. Had he hesitated that split second I would have not had my dad here to celebrate Father's Day. The train still hit the truck but the damage was not as severe as it could have been had the train hit the middle of the truck instead of the tail end. 1 of the guys was med a vaced and the the driver was hurt pretty bad also. But thankfully they are all alive and moving around. My dad is out of the hospital now. This has been the most emotional Father's Day weekend of my entire life!! My family is not verbally expressive when it comes to matters of the heart. So I wrote my dad a letter for Father's Day. I actually think there were tears in his eyes when he read it. I wanted him to know what he meant to me and I apologized for all the years I wasn't the easiest person to be around (ie., From 12 to 21:) But mostly I wanted him to know I needed him and couldn't imagine going through a Father's Day without him. I'm glad I got to give him that letter instead of wishing I would have told him all that while he was still here. We have all had a scare this week and to tell you the truth I'm almost glad we got shook up. I think we need to be scared sometimes to realize how short our lives really are. In the blink of an eye my dad could have never come home.






9 comments:
I'm so glad your dad is okay. It could have been a horrible tragedy, but it wasn't, thank God! *hugs*
I am so happy that he is okay! I'm sure your dad really appreciated the letter!
Wow, you are so right. Sometimes it takes losing what is most precious to us before we realize what we have! I am glad you didn't have to learn that lesson the hard way! I am so glad your dad is okay and that you got the chance to tell him how important he is to you! Happy ICLW!
What an emotional Father's Day! So thankful that you still have him to hold and to love! Blessings!
Oh my! I'm so happy to hear your dad's doing ok! Wonderful thing that you got to tell him how much you Love him and need him. Pheuw!
Oh my gosh, how awful. I'm so glad he's doing okay. Having something like that happen really puts things into perspective.
Take care.
ICLW
Wow, a split second can mean so much! It's great that he's okay and out of the hospital! Life is truly precious, and sometimes things happen that make us realize just how much we have to lose. I'm glad you're taking it as a 2nd chance! What an incredible opportunity out of such a scary situation.
Oh, and happy ICLW!
Wow... I'm glad he's ok! It really does take almost losing something or someone to make us realize how precious they are.
ICLW
thank goodness your father is ok.
it's funny ... we tell ourselves that life is fleeting and we should enjoy every moment, but then life's little things get in the way, and mess that line of thinking up. and it takes one of life's bigger things [what happened to your dad] to prod us into remembering about enjoying every moment and the people who bring them.
Post a Comment