Tuesday, June 29, 2010

4th of July

What are your plans for the 4th? I hear this question everyday for a week or 2 before the actual holiday. Usually Mr. Farmer and I like to lay low when it comes to holidays we don't commit. We like to be free agents so we can flutter from party to party and then hit the road early so we can go home and :::GASP::: cuddle and watch TV!! Yes Mr. Farmer and I are home bodies. We love to stay home and snuggle with the cat on the couch eating ice cream and catching up on our DVR. So we kind of thought we would be doing the same thing this year... Mama Farmer has always had the 4th of July party at her house and we could go down and eat and set the fireworks off for the kiddos and then bail. But this year my Sister In Law had told us that she would be having the 4th of July party at her house. Because Mama Farmer just can't mess with it this year Sister Farmer said she would do it... Great!! Mr. Farmer and I can make an appearance and hang out with the kiddos and then bail out and get a good nights sleep :::WINK WINK::: Well yesterday afternoon Sister Farmer calls Mr. Farmer with a grocery list of excuses why she can't have the 4th at her house!! And since Mama can't have it then that means we GET TO HOST IT!!! How great!! But the icing on the cake was this whole time she has been inviting everyone and their brother's cousin's, step brother's, mother in law to the party... And telling them it will be at: Mr. & Mrs. Farmer's house!!!! So hell now I have to scramble around and get everything in order for the whole neighborhood + cousins, in laws and out laws. While I'm working everyday this week!! BUT get this: Sister Farmer works for the local school corp. So she is out of school for the summer! And she could be getting her place ready for the party but one of her excuses was she wouldn't be able to because she has to work at the local fair on Saturday for 4 hours... What the Hell?!!! I'm just a tad overwhelmed now! I do LOVE having parties! And the 4th of July is one of my very favorite holidays but I don't like having to rush at the last minute getting food together pulling out decor etc because someone dumped their party on me!! Am I being a little whiny? Do I have a right to be upset with My Sister in Law? I just feel dumped on!! Like I said I do love having people over and I love the 4th! But the plan was that she was going to have the party NOT us!!! Oh and let me add one more insult to injury: I have to work Monday!!! So not only will I have half of our neighbors in my yard/barn and house till all hours I will have to drag my ass out the door to work early in the morning!! Not FAIR!!!!

8 comments:

Circus Princess said...

WTF (pardon the three letter abbreviation) ?!? You should be whining, what is she thinking? I'm sure you'll throw the greatest party ever, but you'll be more stressed out than necessary :( hugs to you, slap for SIL.

Jessica White said...

I'd be having a bit of an issue with that: At the very least I would expect SIL to be handling everything but the location (all of the food etc).

Could you guys lock the place up and pretend you're not home? We'll be working all weekend (car show, we own a concession stand).

Anonymous said...

I would be totally pissed!! This is bull. If its your DH's sister, then make him deal with all the getting ready and shit. That's what I do whenever I get dumped on by his family. He should have to suffer just as much. Even if it means leaving the house a mess for a week before HE GETS TO CLEANING IT UP ALSO!!!
www.infertilityinstability.blogspot.com

Marla said...

That's crazy! Absolutely absurd! But, what can you do? You're stuck! I hate people like that who have no problems dumping their mess onto others and then just walking away. At the very least, she should be helping you, like making all the food, like Jess said. Grrrrr! In-laws! Totally useless! Lol!

Mrs. Farmer said...

Jess I LOVED your suggestion!! But they would all just party in the yard if we didn't come out. Yes that is the type of neighbors/family/friends that we have. But he it is a thought!!!

But secretly I'm in bad need of a party! Just NOT on a SUNDAY NIGHT! I want to get Plowed! I really REALLY want to get drunk!!! But oh well I guess I can supply everyone with the booze I have been hoarding for such an occasion as this. I can watch them all get drunk... Drunkeness by proxy!!! Hey it might work!

Life Happens said...

Sorry she dumped this party on you. I know how stressing it can be to get ready for a party. I usually just take all the junk and hide it upstairs and keep the doors closed/locked.

The least your SIL could do is offer to help you clean or do whatever necessary since she was the one that started this party.

Good luck! I hope you are able to enjoy it a little bit and not get too stressed.

Unknown said...

Hope your weekend turned out okay... If it helps, I left you an award over on my blog... :)

Saving said...

Hello, hope things ended up going ok! I am your newest follower :o)

You can find me at www.wishnonstars.com

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary