This is one of our 3 kids. She is the most spoiled of all three. She is the princess and she won't let anyone think any different.
Missy is our lovely little brat that came to us when I was pretty sick a couple years ago. She was a barn cat in my sister in law's horse barn. It was a hot nasty summer and I was having a lot of health issues they couldn't solve. I would faint anytime I was standing upright for a short period of time. So they took my driving privileges away and I really couldn't do anything but sit on the couch or lay on the bed all day. I couldn't go to work because I fainted too many times there. And they were worried about my safety, So I stayed home all day. It got pretty lonely. And my sister in law brought up the idea of my getting a cat! She said she had the cutest little gray fuzz ball that needed somebody to love it. But there was one small problem, I hated cats!! I absolutely abhorred felines!! I was a holy terror to the cats at my parents house growing up. So I thought why in the hell would I want a cat now? My sister in law kept saying it would help me pass the time and I wouldn't be soo lonely since Mr. Farmer was working in the fields all the time. But I still didn't like the idea. And she said this little kitty needs somebody to take it! It's too pretty to be a barn cat!! Mr. Farmer and I both kept saying NO!!! And then one night my Hubbs and I were at his parents home. Mr. Farmer's sister called him and asked us how long we were going to be down there and he said for a little while why? She said just hang out till I get there. So when she gets to the house our niece jumps out of the truck with a little gray cotton ball in her hands. And then his sister comes around the front of the truck with a bag of cat food and says here... They dumped her in my arms and I actually have to say I think it was love at first for that little shit!!! She was soo cute!!! Little beady blue eyes. And my mothering instinct took hold of me. I had to take care of this little booger cause all her little mates were getting trampled by the horses and she was just too darn cute to live in a barn for the rest of her kitty kat life... So I became the proud parent of a kitty. But mind you I have never and will never be a "Cat Person" I am a "Missy Person!" But NEVER a Cat Person!!! It was soo funny because the whole thing ended up being a set up!! Mr. Farmer's Mama had already bought a kitty litter pan and litter for my little booger and she also had a big bag of feed for little Miss Pissy Pants. So we we were had!!!
Missy became my little buddy. She never left my side when I was sick. When I was in the hospital she would hide until I came home. And then return to her normal routine of sitting on me or as close to me as possible for 24 7. She was the one thing/person I could vent all my frustrations too when the doctors couldn't figure my symptoms out. I'm not saying I couldn't talk about all this to Mr. Farmer. I just didn't want to complain to my hubby all the time. I knew he was under a lot of pressure. We were newlyweds his father had just had a stroke and here I was not able to stand for 10 minutes without ending up on the floor. So I did a lot of venting to the cat. She could take it. And when she had heard enough bitching and moaning she would just roll over stretch, yawn and fall asleep.
But I felt better having a beating heart near me. It made me feel like I was needed. And for the most part pretending like they needed me even though I wasn't a whole lot of use to anybody at that point in time. She was my anchor to sanity and that's a lot to write about a cat but its true. I had some dark days back then. But with the help of my kitty kat and my hubby they got me though it. It was 6 long months of endless tests and crazy miss-diagnosis. Thank God all that's over!! That's been almost 3 years ago and now Missy Pissy cat won't sit with me anymore. She loves her daddy a lot more then me. But I like to think of her as just being in her teenage years right now:) One day she will be my buddy again. She still follows me around everywhere. She just won't sit on my lap as often as she used to.
She watches TV with me all the time... This one looks like she didn't want me to change the station :)






5 comments:
Missy is such a beauty! And, what a wonderful story! Hope that Missy gets over her teenage years soon and is back in your lap full-time!
Awwww! I know exactly where you're coming from! I feel like I'm stressing my hubby out with my new illness, so, yes, I have been venting to my cats. They NEVER talk back!
This is such a cute story!
Did they ever find out what was really wrong with you?
I see that you made it to my blog and found your award before I told ya about it! So you beat me to the punch!
Funny how kitties seem to find their way in to our lifes instead of the other way around. I was so not a cat person until our Meow-meow chose us :)
Missy is adorable!
Found you via InfertilityInstability. Love the cats. Love the vintage pictures in the background more :)
The Vintage Pics are actually my Grandparents. My Grandma was 14 in her pic and my Grandfather I think is 22 in his picture. They were a beautiful couple!!! They had a great relationship! Maybe I will blog about them one day. Thanks for the great Idea!!!!
Post a Comment